Hardcore Sledder banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just wondering if anyone could help me out. I recently got a 2002 xc 800 with 4400 on it! I came to realize tho that my rear suspension is realllly hard, like literally no movement from it at all!! Would it be broken or maybe froze cause it sat outside for 2 days and the temp was below -30. Or maybe somebody could explain out to adjust it. It has the fox positive sensitive shock in the rear. If anyone anyone helps thanks!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi I also have a 2002 800xcsp it has been a good sled except for one issue, hanning idle.
the sled starts and idles as it should but as soon as you drive it even 20 feet the idle just hangs anywhere between 3500-3900 if I blip the choke it will come back down to about 1700 take off same thing happens.
I took it to a dealer they went through the carbs changed the main and pilot jets but I dont think the drove it.
I picked it up and rode it about 2 weeks later does the same damn thing, brought it back and said fix it they had it for three days and called and said the throttle cable was too tight and they adjusted it.
I did not get a chance too ride again , first time out this year same damn thing .This time i decided too check for air leaks or cracked boots found nothing also sprayed the crank seal no change.
Ive seen other posts on here saying thats how the liberty motors are but I feel there has too be a cure as it is very irritating.
Please help Scott

·
Registered
16,889 Posts
give it a little more fuel on the fuel screws. (white plastic knobs)

I found on my sled, if I tuned the high idle completely away, throttle response got sluggish. So I found a setting where its crisp, and idle will hang when coming to a stop , then I blip the choce. Idle will not creep up else.

·
Registered
16,889 Posts
yup,fuel screws, out = richer

·
Registered
17 Posts
t-stat removal can this be done on my 02 800 144
Yes you can, i done it to my 01 xc800 t-stat failed to open so i removed it when i was on a trip and it runs good without it.
Both my xc700s dont have it either,,i think just the newer 700 and 800s have t-stat just keep in mind the motor will take abit longer to warm up.
Think Snow:buttrock:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2001 POLARIS 800 xc sp ,I just added reverse on sled & rebuilt motor-my problem is that I serviced both clutches,& while installing secondary clutch with a torque wrench at 15lbs. the bolt snapped(tried countless times to remove broken bolt to no avail & found out the guy before me replaced that bolt with a grade#3or#5,i have the correct grade 8 bolt now! ),is it a big job to replace the secondary jack shaft ?....there's not much room to work on this beast! I know I have to remove the airbox,open up chaincase remove cotter pin & castle nut,the 3 bolts on the triangle plates,& breakdown the disc brake housing & remove those bolts.
Once again..... is it a big job to replace the secondary jack shaft ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2001 POLARIS 800 xc sp, what's the best way to remove the darn AIRBOX,to replace the secondary jack shaft,i having some difficultly in this matter man!...is there a EASY way to remove brake disc,& jackshaft, ...i have the chaincase opened up the disc brake top end apart,secondary clutch off,because the guy before me had a #3 or #5 grade bolt installed(and i snapped it torqueing it at 15 lbs.). .... Any tips greatly honored.

·
Registered
2012 Pro R Switchback
4,005 Posts
IIRC that airbox is riveted on. If you ruin it, there is no way to get one from Polaris anymore. It is a dumb way to put an airbox on. When i had that sled i wondered the same thing. Possibly remove the gas tank and see if you can get in from that way.

you are better off starting a new thread in the polaris xc section as you will get a lot more help

·
Registered
4,431 Posts
Unless the previous owner got the length wrong also on bolt it should not bottom out. So the few I’ve had to extract came out east with a reverse drill bit. Sun them right out. If it’s mocktite holding it maybe a lil heat to soften it up.

·
Premium Member
16,987 Posts
I have a 2001 POLARIS 800 xc sp, what's the best way to remove the darn AIRBOX,to replace the secondary jack shaft,i having some difficultly in this matter man!...is there a EASY way to remove brake disc,& jackshaft, ...i have the chaincase opened up the disc brake top end apart,secondary clutch off,because the guy before me had a #3 or #5 grade bolt installed(and i snapped it torqueing it at 15 lbs.). .... Any tips greatly honored.
No need to remove anything.
If end of bolt is near end of jackshaft, just saw or cut a slot into end of jackshaft and broken bolt. Then use a screwdriver (or hammer driver) to unscrew it. Slot in end of jackshaft doesn't hurt anything and will be there for the next bolt you break off. BTW, there is very little need for a strong bolt in that location if you properly float the secondary. Too simple.:bc:

·
Registered
7 Posts
2002 Polaris xcsp Edge:

Needed: ignition switch and key. This switch has a key position that lets you choose Premium if using that fuel.

Muffler/can for 800. Pipe from SLP is way too loud once you blow out the plastic stuffing.

·
Registered
7 Posts
2002 Edge 800 xcsp:

1. Does the "Premium" ignition key position give you a significant/measurable performance boost?

2. How can I test this ignition setting on my machine?
3. How can I test the temperature sensor on the top of the engine?
4. Can I use this to hook it up to a temperature gauge?
4. Is there a Polaris temp gauge I can order?

5. Are the exhaust cans interchangeable between 600/700/800s? Or what is part # of 800 can?

Thanks!

41 - 56 of 56 Posts