Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick FYI- I apologize if I'm breaking any of Vertical Scope's rules.
There's been a ton of interest in the new Cat clutches. It appears that they are the real deal. Quite impressive and they'll be very easy to service.

For those that have been wanting a better look at Cats '22 clutches, Krom posted a tear down and close up pics over on the other forum.

HCS rules prevent me from posting the link to another forum, but for those that want to take a look, Krom posted it over on Free dom Sledder .com

You can search "ADAPT" and the clutching thread should pop up.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I took a look, they do look really nice, finally a serviceable clutch. I am looking forward to them on my 22TCAT. I assume somebody must be working on weights as I am planning on boosting the sled from day one, so I hope weights will be available on them at the beginning of the season.

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That is funny - I wrote f r e e d o m s le d d e r and the forum changed it to hardcoresledder.com
Yup- they had to go to a great deal of effort to set up a text filter designed for profanity and apply it to the Free dom Sled der .com name. Pretty damn funny.

Did we ever determine if the new Cat clutches are actually being assembled in house?

Here's the article that was posted in Arctic Insider regarding the clutches:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Looks good on paper. No word in that article about where they are made. If it's more Chickeddy China junk expect the same issues- cracks, explosions, out-of-balance, fast wear, etc.

·
Registered
339 Posts
This move was mostly due to Textrons unhappiness with Teams quality on the clutches, diffs and transmissions. Bringing this in house is a good thing. Cant get any worse than the crap Team has been putting out.

·
Registered
20,671 Posts
This move was mostly due to Textrons unhappiness with Teams quality on the clutches, diffs and transmissions. Bringing this in house is a good thing. Cant get any worse than the crap Team has been putting out.
I doubt they brought it in house. I don’t think cat has ever manufactured a clutch in house

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Well on the 2018+ zr 200 clutchs those are not team. I think power block was building those.

The blast are also not a team from what I hear.

·
Registered
2020 ThunderCat, 2017 ZR 6000 RS
1,320 Posts
It will be interesting to see if they actually increase in acceleration as claimed. The skidoo p-drive actually increased in acceleration by a lot compared to the TRA and is the a real reason why the 600R was so fast when it first came out.

·
Registered
276 Posts
The Blast use power block clutches.
Yes, PowerBloc clutches are made by CVTech (headquartered in Drummondville, Qc). I am told that they used to make the TRA clutches for BRP back in the day when the TRAs were indestructible. Doo switched over to having them built by TEAM at one point (when TRA3 came out?) and that is when things took a turn for the worse quality-wise and folks began having durability issues with the TRA.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Any one know if we will have a new belt for these or if the existing belts will work?
Have a new sled on order and hoping that my spares will work and not have to pay big money for a new cat belt

Thanks
Mike

1 - 20 of 25 Posts