Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand most team/venom helix numbers, start angle, finish angle, length of the radius. What I don't know is on so e of the polaris factory helix's they are described as: 40s 35ba. What does the 35 ba mean? Is it a reverse cut with a short 35 deg start? Or is it a straight 40 and the 35ba means nothing and is some manufacturing or engineering blah blah

·
Registered
40,834 Posts
Only thing i can figure it must designate the type of helix that these have a hole drilled in them that uses a spring similar to the old style button clutch spring? For one they sure cost nearly double of a conventional venom helix....otherwise they have the same angles and duration polaris has been using in years past for their team/venom roller secondary's.

·
Registered
20,057 Posts
Ba probably “back angle” as back up. Probably a straight 35. A reverse cut would do no good on a stock trail sled.

·
Premium Member
4,675 Posts

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,675 Posts
That we already know. Its what those alphabetical letters ba stand for, just as lwt is labeled on some helix's.
That's good. I thought the Polaris chart might be helpful if anyone viewing this thread, isn't already as knowledgable as you are.
FYI, There is NO mention of the code BA in the chart of Polaris TSS-04 helixes for sale by Venom.

·
Registered
40,834 Posts
That's good. I thought the Polaris chart might be helpful if anyone viewing this thread, isn't already as knowledgable as you are.
FYI, There is NO mention of the code BA in the chart of Polaris TSS-04 helixes for sale by Venom.
Yeah, i know...i don't even think their is a mention what LWT is for the tss-04 is either. As far as the rest of those numbers figured it was common knowledge most already knew.

·
Premium Member
20 850 Assault
2,638 Posts
All right here's what I've found. Second picture is a 58-44.36 BA35.15 from my 20 Assault 850.
The first picture is a standard 58-44.46ER helix from a 2013 Polaris.

There is a drastic difference in the back cut of the ER portion. What it means I'm not sure. That's where the discussion portion comes in. Who's got the answer?
IMG_20200914_143150.jpg
IMG_20200914_143239.jpg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts