Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 05 600 edge touring, I don't do much 2up riding but like the long track. A buddy of mine with a 04 xcsp600 and I were comparing clutch specs the 05 has 64g wieght blk/green spring in the primary and a 64/42-65 helix with a red/ green spring. The 04 has 58g weights & a blue/white spring primary and 58/42-36 with red blue in the secondary. So here is what I done so far on my 05 changed gears from 21/41 to 23/40, drop to 60g wieght and from 420 jets to 400. Now just wondering if I should be changing helix ? Also was told that a change in valve springs may help performance ? and help or direction will be great. Thanks for now.

·
Registered
6,369 Posts
I would run the steeper helix . jetting sounds slightly lean, loading a motor down makes it more sensitive to det. Fuel stops det , so keep a eye on your wash and spark plug color a few time before you do any long WOT runs. A steep helix isnt a must but helix angle and primary weights need to work as a team no one fighting the other. I would think it could pull 10-60 weights with a 150-310 primary spring , most xc 600 that run good have no problem with this. I would run the 41 lower gear with a 23 top not the 23/40 , I think you could use slightly more gear then you talking . black /red secondary spring with your 64/42 helix is a good start , it may need a little fine tuning to get max rpm of 8100.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Here's what I am running on my '04 600VE with a 144"x1.25" track, and it works great. Accelerates like crazy to 85, tops out at 100 when I allow it to on long runs. 22-41 gearing, 62g weights, black/green primary spring, 58-42/.36 stock helix with stock black spring. Can use the red/blue secondary spring for more topend speed. Last winter with my mom driving my VE and me on my X2 700 stock I had a hard time keeping up with her on the "trail", yes she rides aggressively. Fastest grandma around, lol.
Oh, and jetting is 420/410, needles in second position, with a Tempaflow.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.