Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 02 polaris xc 700 with a team clutch and i was wondering if it is better then the p 85 clutch as far as racing in a radar run?? or would it be better off with a clutch kit in a p 85 or just clutch my team?

·
Registered
6,369 Posts
your best bet for top speeds is Hyperlite or cat roller secondary . Team is a better trail/ditch banger clutch then what you have but every thing must be perfect to run top speed equal to your button !

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
your best bet for top speeds is Hyperlite or cat roller secondary . Team is a better trail/ditch banger clutch then what you have but every thing must be perfect to run top speed equal to your button ![/b]
i was wondering because my brother has the same sled as me, we havent tuned them other then studs and clutch kits, and he has a p 85 clutch and in 1000 feet he runs 101.. how much is a hyperlite or cat roller??

·
Registered
468 Posts
i was wondering because my brother has the same sled as me, we havent tuned them other then studs and clutch kits, and he has a p 85 clutch and in 1000 feet he runs 101.. how much is a hyperlite or cat roller??[/b]
You should have the P-85 primary in yours as well. The driven clutches available were the Team TSS-98 or the Polars Button style.

As for top speed, mine (600) with the Team will pull 105-108. My buddies will do the same using the Button. Since both sleds are running clutch kits, its hard to say which will be faster. Run both and see what the outcome is. Both clutches can be tuned for top speed with the right parts.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You should have the P-85 primary in yours as well. The driven clutches available were the Team TSS-98 or the Polars Button style.

As for top speed, mine (600) with the Team will pull 105-108. My buddies will do the same using the Button. Since both sleds are running clutch kits, its hard to say which will be faster. Run both and see what the outcome is. Both clutches can be tuned for top speed with the right parts.[/b]
one more thing, wat is better to put in my sled as far as studs, 192 or 144??? i need new ones and didnt know if the extra in 192 would be better or would they just slow me down, and if i only put 144 would leaving wholes in the track be something to worry about, because i have 192 right now???

·
Registered
231 Posts
Polaris has run their p-85 primary for as long as I can remember. I would suggest if your lookin for top speed flat out drag racing run the polaris button secondary. With the right helix and spring for what you are tryin to achieve. If you run a good multi angled helix you'll be able to tune it for holeshot and top end.Your primary is also important as you should make sure not to engage to high as you will lose traction. you also want to make sure you are pullin the optimum rpm>The team roller is better for for quick backsift that you don't need draggin.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts