Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the helix, waiting on the secondary spring and primary spring, also the delrin washers. I'm wondering what angle everyone suggests I use - the steeper 70-46-42 degree start angle or the 66-44-42. I'm the kinda guy that likes the hard pull outa the corners, lakes running isnt a huge issue with me, just do it once in awhile. if the 66 is good, by all means I will run it. Just want opinions.

Current Setup:
420 mains
64 gram polaris weights
EPI Yellow Primary Spring
54/40 ER Helix
Erlandson Orange Secondary Spring
1 tooth drop on top

Setup will be:
staying with 64's
Almond Blue primary
black 155/222 secondary
420719 helix
staying with the one tooth drop

Only other mod the sled has is the SLP airbox and air horn. Wondering also, want to run prefilters. Do I need to buy the whole setup from SLP, or can I just get the prefilter material and cover the existing foam? Thanks for any replys

·
Registered
6,369 Posts
the shallow angle has better backshift , the steep angle may work just fine depending on your mods and the rest of your set-up . Most likely the steep angle will work best due to the 64's . The steep angle will also drop your peak RPM by about 200 rpms and I think it should put you right at 8000 with 64 and the steep track . SLP sells perfilter that cover the stock foams , thats all I have had for 4 years. Outerwears also has prefilters If I recall.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the info mark. anyone else? i'm just a little nervous about runnin the 70 degree angle. having the stuff put in by a buddy before i go to michigan, and wont be able to test till i get up there. i do not have the tools to change it once i get it up there!

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
thanks for the info mark. anyone else? I'm just a little nervous about running the 70 degree angle. having the stuff put in by a buddy before i go to Michigan, and wont be able to test till i get up there. i do not have the tools to change it once i get it up there![/b]

The only tools you need to change it are a wrench to pull the secondary clutch off and a Torx allen wrench of the proper size to pull the helix off and switch it. ( All of these tools should be in your tool kit from the factory. You will also want the tool to separate the sheves on the clutch to get the belt off. ) It takes like 5 min to do it on the trail side.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts