Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i have posted quite a few ?s on other sites about getting my cat to run to its potential. i was just looking for new ideas or ones that were missed. heres what i have 99tcat gutted and opened up airbox,heel clickers, red/white secondary with 57/50,.020 key,q4 needles and 410 mains (good to -20*c/-2*f according to temps of digitron. stock gearing and 192 woodys.best run of 116 and change in 2000' on ice at sea level. a lot of people have said to gear up but a tcat stock should go well over what im running. ive sucked up the limiter strap ,run the track as loose as possible but it just doesnt seem to go i have run the engine from 8000 rpm to 8500 rpm with not mutch difference in my speeds the clutches do open and close properly as i have tried when apart. i have set clutches using sled pro tool and tried numerous belts all to no avail. am i missing something? :wacko:

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
Take a look at your helix to see if it has marks on the flats where the clutch is bottoming out. IF you have these marks take a dremmel tool or a die grinder and cut some of the helix away so that your secondary will shift out all the way. This worked for me only i used a Dalton helix with the relief in it.
Later Darren

·
Registered
863 Posts
Well my 96 t cat 900 was getting 114 in about 1300 feet and all i did was 192 pics dd cluch and tripple racing pipes...so i guess i cant understand way yours takes 2000 feet to get to 116

·
Registered
354 Posts
This is a trick to use to get a tick more top speed. The thundercat has 4 wheels in the very rear of the track. You want to convert this to 3. I think black magic has a kit, but it is a rip. What you can do is buy the rear spacer kit off of a z370 and slap it on there, and you shud get a little better top.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys,i have fixed the helix hitting the cover already. would running a shallower finish on the helix like a 40 or 44 let it climb faster even though it is not going to shift out as fast? :unsure:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts