Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone tell me if the 1000 soozook will live without the counterbalancer as a trail sled.thinking if i took all that extra weight out and put in a stubby shaft it would make rpm alot faster.still ride it as a trail sled though since the lady is in university and spare cash is tight.if you didnt try this don't tell me its ok i need this poor old sled to last at least this winter.thks.

·
Registered
822 Posts
It was there for a reason.
Alot of Racers remove it to get the beniffits you outlined.
It cannot be trusted for extended trail driving.
Severe engine damage can result.
Rebuild it and put it back in is my advice. :banana:

·
Registered
230 Posts
you can take and machene it down to make it lighter i heard but left mine in and runs good were my budy took his out and shakes the helmet right off the seat and no big gains

·
Registered
376 Posts
I would not do it. the in-balance will beat the lower end to death not to mention hard on the pistons. No telling what would go first, your hands and arms would go loose feeling

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have heard of a lot of talk on this subject here and other places. I will give you my real world opion since I have two 1000 triples that have the cutler short shaft installed in them. First off my riding style is playing in the powder and riding the trails to get to the fresh stuff, and of course the drag race against my buddies and the guy watching that thinks he can beat me. (which that guy does beat me every now and them, but thats life) One of the triples has 3500 miles on it with the short shaft and nothing else done to the motor, the other one has around 1500 miles on it with the short shaft but the motor is ported to the max with alot of extra parts to make it work right. I have had no problems with either motor after installing the short shaft. The motor does not viberate all the time. The only viberation that I notice is between 3500 to 4500 rmps. I would compare the viberation to that of my 800 twin. After 4500 rpms the motor runs smooth again just like it did when it was stock. Things I like about the short shaft is it will pull rpms alot faster and I have not had a issue with bearings or teeth on the gears since I started running the short shafts.

My real world opion of coarse.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts