Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here have tuned 998t with Tapp clutch and stock artic cat team driven ? Just curious to know what spring and helix you use to match with ~300hp tune and Tapp primary... thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So nothing to do with stock team to achieve a good results? I saw pro-4 and stm secondary ... what is the best way to go?

·
Registered
378 Posts
Anyone here have tuned 998t with Tapp clutch and stock artic cat team driven ? Just curious to know what spring and helix you use to match with ~300hp tune and Tapp primary... thanks
I run an STM old school secondary with a custom 43/32 helix with a green spring, 2nd hole. TAPP runs best with +1 rollers, so your TAPP tuning options work. If you get the +2's as they recommend you'll be full empty and at clicker 6 with no tuning range. I love this clutch, now have over 3,000 miles on 2 sleds. Run between 270 and 300 HP. I like the XS belts best.

·
Premium Member
33,223 Posts
Give me a call at the shop next week, ill be happy to help you out

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
Pro 4 is a Far better quality clutch over the stm. The last stm I had took out the center bushing and stm said thanks but we don’t stand behind it.
Call pro 4 and talk to mark himself.
I now run pro 4 primary n secondary’s and belt temps dropped a ton compared to stockers.
I know very little about the tapp clutches other than they have been doing well but for me I wanted to keep my $ state side.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts