Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm too tall for my 19 Turbo. Anyone had there seats modified to add some extra height? Looking at the race sled seat and thinking that may be a perfect pic to show an upholsterer. If you've added height maybe post a pic??

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'm too tall for my 19 Turbo. Anyone had there seats modified to add some extra height? Looking at the race sled seat and thinking that may be a perfect pic to show an upholsterer. If you've added height maybe post a pic??
I'm in the process of looking for a little taller seat as well. I was looking at the High Country seats but I'm not sure if there are any taller or not. Would like to try to get a ride height like my Polaris axys had if possible......??

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
377 Posts
I've looked into this also. I was told the cross country seat was taller but also that it was softer, so I'm not sure if it's an improvement.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My knees are pinched when sitting. Terrible position to ride in and yes the seat is soft as can be. I'm looking for a local upholsterer to tear into it as the aftermarket only wants to work with shorter seats for the mountain guys.

·
Registered
4,923 Posts
WRP doesn't offer one?
I have a +2" WRP seat on my skidonkey, it's nice.
A little firm but it helps me stand up with less effort, which is nice on those long days

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WRP doesn't offer one?
I have a +2" WRP seat on my skidonkey, it's nice.
A little firm but it helps me stand up with less effort, which is nice on those long days

Not that I've seen. Boss doesn't even show one.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
What seat do you have? ZR style or Cross Country / Mountain style?

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm 6'-2" but this Cross Country seat just sinks 3" like its a memory foam bed. I also am dealing with losing feeling in my thumbs (high school sports injuries) while sitting in the position my sled is currently at. I need to open up the knee angle and the elbow angle to a more than 90 degrees to reach a comfortable riding position.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
I was going to purchase the mountain seat for my sidewinder, but now I'm wondering if it is actually taller? It sounds like you sink into it a lot more?

Perhaps it is more comfortable.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I was going to purchase the mountain seat for my sidewinder, but now I'm wondering if it is actually taller? It sounds like you sink into it a lot more?

Perhaps it is more comfortable.

The mountain seat is taller and worth upgrading to.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My seat is on its way to a local upholsterer. Adding several inches of height and new foam that doesn't sink like worn out memory foam.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
My seat is on its way to a local upholsterer. Adding several inches of height and new foam that doesn't sink like worn out memory foam.

You won't believe the difference this change will make. It will be a whole different sled. I did that change to a POO I had and it was dramatically better. ( I am 6'10")

When I sold the sled the guy that bought it came back and said my God that is the most comfortable sled I've ever ridden. Peace, beeler

·
Registered
52 Posts
You won't believe the difference this change will make. It will be a whole different sled. I did that change to a POO I had and it was dramatically better. I am 6' 10" Peace, beeler
How do they get the existing cover back on??

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
How do they get the existing cover back on??

They'll be making a new cover is what I've seen in the past. I'm having the gray panels turned black. Hoping that they can reinstall the heated seat never thought I'd use it but I did on subzero rides.

·
Registered
4,796 Posts
How much is it setting you back? I got some ridiculous bids on doing that to my wheeler which needs it bad

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just got a quote for $250 to add 2" of height and change gray panels to black. I believe that to be fair so the seat taller.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Just got pics of the seat. Added somewhere north of 2” of height. He put 3” of foam and repositioned the seat heater pad also.
As soon as I get my hands on it I'll post some on the machine.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts