Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man this blows!!! A total meltdown. Got pics from fridays ride, and in just a couple of days you would never believe it.

At least we got some riding in, I just hope the snow returns.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Got done with a 60 miles ride at 130pm Saturday. when I got up Sunday it was hard to imagine that I had just ridden out my backyard the day before, as every inch of snow was gone.

And, as I sit here in my shorts, barefeet and wearing a t-shirt, listening to the thunder and rain clean out the grill that I just used to cook chicken on my deck, it's hard to believe that it's January 7th.

Not any different that any other winter we've had recently. :( :( :(

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh boy the river is running very high this morning !!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Oh boy the river is running very high this morning !![/b]
Yeah this really blows chunks... We have had 2 great snow storms and both were gone within a few days... I have only about 100 miles on my sled this year.. But let me say this last snow fall was great.. Lots of powder and drifts out in the fields... lets just pray we have another Feb like we had last year... That is about all we can hope for... Unless we packup and head north...

·
Registered
277 Posts
dont worry guys winter is comming back, now if we could just get it to stay[/b]

Just checked the John Dee board and he's saying to watch out for a possible major storm Jan. 16 to 17th. Hope he's right!

:snowfall:

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just checked the John Dee board and he's saying to watch out for a possible major storm Jan. 16 to 17th. Hope he's right!
:snowfall:[/b]
figures, I will be flying out on the early morn 16th and returning very late evening the 17th.

As the old saying goes, bring it on!!

·
Registered
277 Posts
figures, I will be flying out on the early morn 16th and returning very late evening the 17th.

As the old saying goes, bring it on!![/b]

Hope you have snow to ride on when u return....John Dee has raised the snowfall outlook for our area.

:Wow1: check out his 5- 10 day forcast...12 -24" in the LES areas!.....

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hope you have snow to ride on when u return....John Dee has raised the snowfall outlook for our area.

:Wow1: check out his 5- 10 day forcast...12 -24" in the LES areas!.....[/b]
If Mr. D is wrong about his snowfall totals, then feel free to blame the lack of snow on me since I finally got a sled :poke:. All my friends told me this would happen! Damn them.....

·
Registered
277 Posts
If Mr. D is wrong about his snowfall totals, then feel free to blame the lack of snow on me since I finally got a sled :poke:. All my friends told me this would happen! Damn them.....[/b]

Don't worry...winter will return....Congrats on your sled...what did you get?

·
Registered
104 Posts
I got a 96 Formula SS 670. It wouldn't start a few times, but other than that, so far so good. MUCH better than my previous sled.....an 80 440 Exciter.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If Mr. D is wrong about his snowfall totals, then feel free to blame the lack of snow on me since I finally got a sled :poke:. All my friends told me this would happen! Damn them.....[/b]
Well one of my buddies sold his sled so I guess that just balanced things out :biggrin:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts