Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know EVERYONE is looking forward to riding this weekend, and getting the edge off. Certainly the businesses are crying for the tourism. If the snow is light and fluffy, it will be like riding on bare ground, and might well be quite the expense to complete repairs before the following weekend, when the snow has had a chance to settle, the groomers have had a chance to get a good base compacted. A million sleds blasting over light snow will just blow it off the trails and the plastic ski and carbide stock market will go up big time! Would have been nice if the 3 day weekend was next week and not this week. :banghead: Another thing to consider is the ground is still not quite frozen, so beware of soft spots and STAY OFF THE LAKES!

Me? I am waiting a week, and that's advice received from my pals in the snow country.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
the big snow comes next week...lets face it,this weekend will be over by friday night trailwise....i'm just glad i live up north.i'm taking next week off.piplines and two tracks for me this weekend...i only use the trails to connect to the good stuff anyways....

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
I know EVERYONE is looking forward to riding this weekend, and getting the edge off. Certainly the businesses are crying for the tourism. If the snow is light and fluffy, it will be like riding on bare ground, and might well be quite the expense to complete repairs before the following weekend, when the snow has had a chance to settle, the groomers have had a chance to get a good base compacted. A million sleds blasting over light snow will just blow it off the trails and the plastic ski and carbide stock market will go up big time! Would have been nice if the 3 day weekend was next week and not this week. :banghead: Another thing to consider is the ground is still not quite frozen, so beware of soft spots and STAY OFF THE LAKES!

Me? I am waiting a week, and that's advice received from my pals in the snow country.[/b]
I was laughing at all the fools who stayed home for the last snow we had. Rode Irons area, tey had about 20" of pow and no base. It was great, then it all melted in three days. Only the suckers stayed home :frech32: :smilielol:

·
Registered
1,247 Posts

Me? I am waiting a week, and that's advice received from my pals in the snow country.[/b]
Great, there will be one less sled on the trails!

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
I was laughing at all the fools who stayed home for the last snow we had. Rode Irons area, tey had about 20" of pow and no base. It was great, then it all melted in three days. Only the suckers stayed home :frech32: :smilielol:[/b]

Yup, I was laughing that whole week at the "stay homers"

450 miles in three days of riding, mostly knee-deep powder too!

I'm going this weekend too, no question!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hell, I rode over 500 miles around the 7th of Dec while people were cryin to hold off riding. Well, guess what they have been sitting on thier ass since last spring not riding. Where thier is snow I go, roost or be roosted

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'm with BLUE VECTOR beginning of December I got almost 300 miles on when others said "stay home and let us pack it down right all of you yahoo's will just tear it up" but the next weekend there was no snow so ride when you can !

·
Premium Member
1,876 Posts

Very good advice.. I have mentioned it in other posts, but when only a few places have snow and nobody has ridden yet for the year it makes for pent up frustration.... BE CAREFUL OUT THERE !

·
Registered
33 Posts
You gotta ride when you can.....you don't want to end up like me, I passed on early ride this year and now have no snow....Haven't taken em of the trailer yet

GO RIDE!!!

Looks like snow is coming!!!!

[attachment=282889:http_www..._graphic.pdf]

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Way to go...starting this thread now joins the ranks of Hand signals, drinking, silencers and passing or hot. :smilielol:

Thanks for the entertainment :beerchug:

I wasn't to popular last year with the Mrs. when I said let's hold off in December and I then went blackpowder hunting. She didn't get to ride until the end of January after that...and her sled was new to her :frech32:

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Way to go...starting this thread now joins the ranks of Hand signals, drinking, silencers and passing or hot. :smilielol:

Thanks for the entertainment :beerchug:

I wasn't to popular last year with the Mrs. when I said let's hold off in December and I then went blackpowder hunting. She didn't get to ride until the end of January after that...and her sled was new to her :frech32:[/b]
I couldnt resist!

SINCERELY THOUGH, to those going up, please be careful. Stumps, rocks, and water get really ugly when plowing through the snow instead of over it!

1 - 20 of 61 Posts