Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, we all have purchased a product with the intention that it would be a performance or cosmetic upgrade, hence my idea to go with an LED bulb in the tail light of my F7, I have seen real world benefits to these bulbs, Was the bulb brighter? I would have to say it is bright but more concentrated towards the rear. the following pics are of my F7 on the left with the LED and my Zl on the right with a standard 1157 bulb. What do you guys think? Worth the $48. bucks. LOL

Attachments

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
that pic doesn't show anything but the flash from the camera. Turn your flash off and set up your camera on a tripod or something to get a more accurate depiction.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The LED is not as bright, the light comes more straight back, where the standard 1157 goes out all over..Plus it was flickering a little, it just may not be getting the juice it really needs, That's why I had it up on the track stand as the sled was loading up from the break in oil, running the RPMS up did nothing to increase the brightness where on the ZL the headlights and tail lights get brighter as the RPM's increase to a certain point.. Mt verdict is dont' waste your money on one just yet... The flash does overpower things a little. I am still new to digital photos

·
Registered
720 Posts
I am thinking about adding a "green dot" to my tailight. What do you guys think of that idea?

·
Premium Member
2,846 Posts
Doesn't seem like its worth $48 bucks to me. Anybody actually replace the entire assembly with an LED strip or something???

Mike C, go for it!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts