Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed a 6" riser and Im getting Tag bars later today..am I going to encounter any probs with bar diameter, they cables are getting tight, but still clear, I guess I may have to reroute, since the Tags will raise thm a bit more, here are some pics? Any thoughts? Anyone do this?

[attachment=91262:attachment]

[attachment=91263:attachment]

Attachments

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
as long as the bar diameter where the riser clamps is only 7/8" you are good if its bigger usually 1 1/8th then you will need the fly risers. Tell us how it goes because I have wanted to do the same thing.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will wait to get the bars, I am getting them off a race buddy, so they are just costing me a case of beer, I may have to get my machinist buddy to make me an adaptor if they are too big..

Any ideas where to make more room on the cables? If I have to put an adaptor in there, they gonna be high!!

Anyways, I getting them tonight, so Ill let you know, I think they look great on the sleds I have seen!

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I went today and priced out the xr bar pad to put on my sled, its crazy expensive!!! like 70 for the cover and 12 for the pad, thats nuts!!! They are going to try to find me one off an old raced machine, but if not Ill be using a normal moto cross style one (protaper style)

·
Registered
204 Posts
are you getting the bars with a cross bar or the fat bar design.if your getting the fat bar design youll need the adaptor to accompany the larger size bars,i jus went threw this on my F-7 on the weekend.I put on Protapper bars with a 6 inch riser.lucky for me had enough lines and cable. and if you do have the larger bars,the adaptor is gonna add a lil more rise again along with the bend of the bars.you can by an adaptor from royal distributing for like 50 bucks i think unless you can get it made cheaper,anyways hope this helps. good luck,should look mint!

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ya, its high right now with the 6" riser....and If I add the tags, then It will be about 2-3 inches higher, the tag bars have a freestyle bend to them which makes it higher and with the adaptor...I will need extenders for the brakes and stuff if I do it...I think Ill leave these bars on for now, just throw on a pad to make it look better and try it out, It feels great right now

·
Registered
204 Posts
sounds sweet,i rode all last year with the 6 inch rise,now iv added the bars and adaptor,even higher now,cant wait.Im jus glad i got enuf stretch outta the cables.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts