Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I have a red F7 sno pro , today when I was out riding I wanted to have rpm on the digital but when I pushed on the button the display just booted and started agian with speed after a few pushing on the button I finally got rpm.
I have driven about 240miles and this was the first time it happend on the display.
I wonder if there is a fix for that?
I`m greatfull for all the answers I get.

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
There have been posts that the coil or wires is getting interference form metal under the hood! Some one recogmended flipping the coil 180 degrees. Someone else wrapped their plug wires with some sort of "metal tape" to avoid interference. I can remember what the tape was sorry. Maybe Cat will post a bulletin for this as well too. Some people are having problems, and others are not. Time will tell, I guess.

N

·
0 Posts
make sure your secondary clutch has not wore through your electrical connection down next to the belly pan, hard to explain but there has been a recall through AC about secondary openning all the way open and shearing through the electrical connection, the electric chord is coming out of a black housing near the gas tank wall.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by norm2693@Dec 7 2002, 12:46 PM
make sure your secondary clutch has not wore through your electrical connection down next to the belly pan, hard to explain but there has been a recall through AC about secondary openning all the way open and shearing through the electrical connection, the electric chord is coming out of a black housing near the gas tank wall.
ok , thanks norm will check that. :D

·
Registered
161 Posts
HI All.
Anyone have their tach rezero(go blank) then come back on when you switch High beam to low beam? Mine also rezero's when rpm's drop to idle????? Any ideas? Maybe idle is a little low? its 1600 to 1700 rpm...Thanx in advance, F7 "TOM" Cat

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
HI All.
Anyone have their tach rezero(go blank) then come back on when you switch High beam to low beam? Mine also rezero's when rpm's drop to idle????? Any ideas? Maybe idle is a little low? its 1600 to 1700 rpm...Thanx in advance, F7 "TOM" Cat[/b]
Hi
My idle is 1820-1920 rpm.
I have not had that problem with the tach, mine boots when I push on any botton almost every time. :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts