Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my F5 to the dealership (Kensington Motorsports in Milford MI.) because it ran like crap- like it was running on one cylinder. It wouldnt go over 45 and wouldn't rev over 6800 rpms. I checked the plugs and they were very oily so I replaced them. It didnt make any difference. I checked the Exhaust temperature sensor and it was tight. I checked the APV servo and the cables were still attached and the valves were not stuck. At that point I gave up and took it to the dealer.

It's been there 9 days already and I called today for an update. They told me that the sled was running great and couldnt get it to act up.

I again explained the problem and he said it might be related to the Tachometer Bulletin saying that it might be shorting out and causing the engine to run poorly. The bulletin does'nt say anything about the tach affecting performance.

Has anyone else heard of this or am I getting a line of crap just to pacify me?

Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
redfirecat03,

From what I have read on the bulletin and the instructions of the tachometer issue(180 deg. rotate), there is NO mention of poor running of the engine with this issue. It was to take care of an in-accurate reading of the tachometer.....nothing more or less. My gut instinct is that your dealer doesn't want to take the time to trouble-shoot/diagnose your sled or they lack very important knowledge.....
-John

·
Registered
86 Posts
my guess is the dealer put gas and oil in it and gave it to you. Get the set up sheet that comes with your sled from him and see if everything is adjusted correct. oil pump,ski tow,burped etc.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Tell him to replace the tach if he thinks that's the problem, it's warranteed. Him looking like a dumb-ass might be worth your wait. ;)

·
Registered
264 Posts
my f7 had a similiar problem, ran like crap and would not rev over 6000rpm. brought it to the dealer and it took the a week to figure it out, I was pissed I just wanted a new sled, but they found a pinched wire near the thermo sensor under the mag side of engine. i'm not sure if ypur f5 has this sensor or not but i hope the info helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts