Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else experienced the tachometer shutting of at idle due to low electrical current on their F7?? I noticed this happening on my F7 this past week while I was riding in the Togwotee area. I happened to noticed it at a cold start(1st time started on a COLD morning) and did not really pay any attention to it after that point(I know, SHAME on me). I know there was discussion about this issue earlier, but I thought it only pertained to the F5.... Thanks.
-John
ps I will post a complete list of thinks I found to be issues (not all that many)on the general board when I get a bit more time

·
Registered
200 Posts
Yep, mine did that for the first time yesterday while idling, but once I started up again, worked fine. I'll see if this happens again on today's ride.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
theres too much power being drawn. Turn off your hand and thumb warmers and unplug your heated shield and it will come back on with out having you to shut it off. The tach gets the short end of the stick

·
Registered
141 Posts
Check your hand warmers, that there are no pinches in the wiring. Your grips may still work but the wires may be pinched or grounding. This WILL affect tach. If it's not that check all wiring connections, that they are tight/secure/not cracked etc. Should be easy to fix.

speedmerchant

·
Registered
200 Posts
My handwarmers just died. Dealer says it's the elimants. Referring to previous post, could very well be the problem for my digital display to cutting out at idle too.

·
Registered
146 Posts
:( Mine did this and it eventually quit all together, it was my voltage
regulator, dealler has had 3 of them give trouble. All better now!!!

HAPPY HAPPY!!!!! :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts