Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering different types of oils used by you guys, seen synthetic oils for 19.00 a gallon and as high as 35.00 . real question is anybody running any (DANCO SYNTHETIC OIL) for artic cat, any problems with it? Reaso nably priced if any good , about 19.00 a gallon. RED F7 and happy

·
Registered
575 Posts
try AmsOil or Castrol High Performance snowmobile oil, works great for me. The castrol goes for about 3.50 a quart.

·
Administrator
20,876 Posts
Amsoil for me too .... just over 1800 miles, and valves were cleaned once around the 800 mile mark. They look pretty good, but since it's the end of the year I'll clean them again. I'm going to miss my F7 for the next 8 months :(

I think I better start getting my butt to church a little more often and praying for snow in the midwest next year! ;)

·
Registered
899 Posts
spectro 1,438 miles :D

·
Registered
206 Posts
Spectro, no problems, pistons look good, valves came out no problems, very little gunk on them. First year with Spectro and I'm not changing. A little pricey at 28.00 gallon but I'm happy. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
reply to Rob, new sled only 280 miles running artic cat synthetic from dealer, where I purchased sled. 1st artic cat, been running polarsis's since 97. Real happy with F7, too bad winter is over. didn't buy sled until March

·
Registered
726 Posts
i`m running spectro, and my friend has klotz. you guys running klotz, does it smell like you have race gas? i`m paying $24 a gallon, what should klotz go for?

·
Registered
659 Posts
spectro syn sno...so far so good 32 bucks a gallon mass or vermont..anyone getting a better price?? where??? steve :D

·
Registered
244 Posts
Klotz, around $35 a gallon, love that racey smell!!! :D :D :D

·
Premium Member
1,483 Posts
Ran Arctic APV in my Pantera last year and the first part of this year. No complaints.
Ran APV in the ZL600 SS for the first part of the season this year until the dealer sold out and I tried Spectro Syn-Sno in both sleds. After two gallons I could not stand the smell or the price so I tried Amsoil.
After three gallons I am not happy with the smell but at $20.00 a gallon I thought I would stick it out.
This weekend I decided to go back to Arctic APV for the upcoming year. I like the performance and the smell of it and if I can swing it, I will pre-buy enough of it to lower the price and have enough to last the season.
If that doesn't work- I am going to Klotz.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Ran Cat APV for all 4300 miles.0 problems.I miss the smell of Klotz though. But I will be running the APV in my 04' cause I used my 100$$ for APV oil.....

·
Premium Member
9,228 Posts
Been running Klotz in the F7 since day one. My fuel/oil ratio is 60:1. After 1400 miles the valves still snap in and out smooth. Valve sticking is due to running too much oil.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts