Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I could sit around and bitch about my dealer (has no update kits for any Firecats yet) the snow we don't have (we are far below normal levels in the mountains and every time it snows it rains on top of it) The poor quality oil the dealers try to force you to use.
I removed my exhaust pipe to inspect the cylinders and the piston face and they are coked on the piston near the ring belt and at the Y connector by the cylinders - if you spray with Amsoil power foam the pistons or the cylinders they clean up, but no way should the engine be coking in the first place, even with a premix still left inside the fuel tank.
It is time to change the oil to something better out there, Torco has been good to me in the past, so has Klotz - I even thought about Blue Marble oil not because of all the hype either, but I am a little nervous about using a oil that is not been tested by oil company for snowmobiles.
Has anybody used Blue Marble in there sleds and look inside they're engines ?
Other oils am looking at are Spector syn sno, Redline, Ipone what do you think?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Klotz can not "blow up" sleds. The oil had nothing to do with it. Klotz is probably the best oil available, along with Torco SSO. I would stick with either one of these. BUT, make sure you only use the Klotz Injector Snowmobile Oil. NONE of the other Klotz "race" oils are made for injection systems. Also, the Klotz burns clean and smells nice too. The Amsoil performs well, it just stinks for any riders behind you. Good Luck on your purchase. Can you tell I prefer the Klotz?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am a first time sled owner....i bought a F5 Firecat, and I am using the Arctic Cat syn oil. Do I have anything to worry about ? Do you guys ever run any more oil through the gas tank ? ( other than the 1st tank )

·
Registered
202 Posts
I was running normal AC oil in my machine to begin with...*only thing in stock at the time*...but after I blew my motor up....I'm only running AMSOil..nothing else but that........ B)

·
Registered
86 Posts
spectro power valve formula is great, if cost doesn't matter redline tops it for cable and power valve cleanliness by a bit. Spectro has a special additive for cold seizure that tends to gum power valve cables if you are to rich on the oil pump or jetting and it is really cold out.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Regular Amsoil. 4400 miles. I checked the valves the other day and they were clean as a whistle. Not bad for $13 a gallon. B)

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
klotz !!!!!!!!! :p period ! and oil cant make a sled blow up , i personally have never seen an oil related failure, but i have seen people add gas to the oil tank, or even run it out of oil ! :wacko:

·
Registered
921 Posts
I'm burning Amsoil and have no problems other than finding it on the trail. In 800 miles have yet to find a gas station that carrys it. I'm looking for an oil caddy. Any suggestions?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts