Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my f7 out on the lake and have had my ecu reprogramed. 102 is the best I could get on the lake with the reprogramed one. This might seem slow but there was 1/2" of water on top of the lake because it got up to 45 today. seemed to drag a lot. I have 1 buddie who hasn't burnt his down yet and I tried his ecu. In the same line and same distance 110. It also seemed to pull harder in the midrange. Then I put mine back on to see how close it was to before and got 103. So the reprogramed ecu does slow the sled down the only good thing was with the water on top of the lake it didn't go into safe mode. My buddie tried it also he could get 113 with his and 106 with my ecu. but he has not had his oil pump adjusted. I also have scores on my pistons. I think It is due to the pipe cracking. I am going to demand to have my ecu put back to where it was to begin with. when it goes into safe mode I know I lose 20mph on the lake. It also hasn't helped with it not scoring pistons. :angry:

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
i'm seriously considering cancelling my 04 f7 order for that very reason. i fear that the04 will be weak compared to my 03 f7. what a bunch of chaos!

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
my yellow light flashes Then it runs like shit so I am assumming this is why. then once i get in loose stuff it starts to run better. once I shut it off

·
Registered
962 Posts
I got the original ECU I ran the same lake as GP and I got 113+ w/ my SP track going with the wind, going into it I could get 103-104.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
they reprogramed them for the engines that burnt down in january so it would go into safe mode before it burnt down. also gls stated in a pm to me that they added 2% more fuel in the midrange. thats why it doesn't pull as hard.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Whenever a F7 goes into safe mode, the engine performance is severely limited to save the motor. I had my F7 go into safe mode a couple of times when my snow flap was sucked in earlier in the season. It ran like a slow 500 instead of a 700. Once it goes back into normal mode it rips again.

hmm. . . safe vs. burnt. Fast vs. slow? Glad I still have the original ECU program in mine.

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
If you take it in to the dealer, do they automatically re-program it? Is it an option, or are you just screwed?

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I'd like to know the same thing as mine is going in this weekend for the oil pump adjustment, snow flap, temp gauge, and seat fix. Anyone know for sure if it's required??

·
Registered
196 Posts
Hi guy's I had a burn down and got a reprogramed ECU it was 15 mph slower. I talked to my dealer and he contaced cat. They said to send it back they would check it. In the mean time dealer gave me one from another sled to run. When the ECU came back dealer let me compare both. The mid range was the same but the top end was better with the reprogramed one. I would talk to my dealer if I were you. :)

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
He will be back from vacation on monday. There is a lot of other stuff to cover besides. 2 cylinders, 2 pistons, new pipe, old one was cracked, chaincase seals, steering post, mine hits the motor, rails 1 is cracked other hole big enough to stick my thumb in from bolts coming loose. Tunnel is also cracked. but will probly just get welded. speedo cluster quit working. So by the time I get it back I should have a brand new sled. :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts