Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2018 Switchback Assault 800, and I am changing my stock riser and bars to some aftermarket ones. With the after market parts I now sit at 6- 6 1/2” rise from 3.5-4”.

Is there anyone that would know what the stock lengths of Both the brake line and throttle cables would be?

would the lines off a SKS Or Pro RMK be longer in length and work for my situation?

Is there aftermaket lines that would be longer for me with out doing the extension piece on the throttle cable?

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
you can gain a little by re routing but not enough for the sky scrapers your running. lol jk to each his own.
you can always buy a throttle cable extension but the look of the box they use is off putting.
and the brake line a local hose shop should be able to make you a custom one. maybe even in a sweet color with ultra neat colored fittings.
sorry i keep editing my reply.
according to the parts website for Polaris ( Browse ) the part number for the cable on an assault (7081929) is different than the part number for the cable on the sks and rmk (7082022)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you can gain a little by re routing but not enough for the sky scrapers your running. lol jk to each his own.
I’ve already tried to reroute but with the banjo bolt on the brake line it’s hard to get a proper fitment.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I believe powermadd makes extensions. They used to have a nice fitment chart on their website, but now I'm not seeing it.

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
Wow. I am 6'7" and didn't even raise mine that far. I am at the limit of the cables as stock though. For the brake cable, just get an automotive extension. Super cheap and easy. Throttle cable I would try to reroute. To be fair on mine I have an adjustable and adjusted as far as I could manage the stock cabling. Luckily it is close to perfect.

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
A Rox 4-6" adjustable can go to full extension on mine with only rerouting of things. Anymore and you will surely need extensions, possible on some sleds you may have a bit less as well. Couldn't quite go to full extension on my last one.

·
Registered
372 Posts
At 5.5" riser and the rake angle I happen to be running, the throttle cable was fine, but the brake line pulled hard against the top of the console when the bars were at full lock to the right. I ended up having Galfer USA make me a custom line... I think i spec'd 34" length, it cost me about $70, and it took about a week from order to my door. It worked out fine. I am pretty sure the RMK line would do the same thing at a higher cost.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts