Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,325 Posts
I have loved that track for some time, which skid was it on. I have wondered how it does with the coupled 137

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
116 Posts
Have it on my XTX 141, love it so far, does everything very well . Probably gives up a little top end but I don't mind.

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One thing I could really notice was resistance when slowing down. It was like applying the brakes and took more throttle to keep it at a constant trail speed, more so than my 1.25

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Not to get off topic but Mr Weez did you you end up putting a TUNE into your Winder? I remember you mentioning that you where swaying towards a Hurricane tune, just wondering if you did it and what tune you went with. And of course how you like it if you did.
Have a great day,
Cheers

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not to get off topic but Mr Weez did you you end up putting a TUNE into your Winder? I remember you mentioning that you where swaying towards a Hurricane tune, just wondering if you did it and what tune you went with. And of course how you like it if you did.
Have a great day,
Cheers

No, I sat on the fence all season and now the season's over for me. But I can tell you I am sending my ECU to Hurricane next month for a 270 flash using my stock exhaust. I rode a TD 265 flashed sled and don't know if it was a clutching issue but found a dead spot or lag when pinning the throttle at different speeds.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Seems like your summer is going to go FLY bye at 270hp an hour lol :lol: ,,
Its not really that strange that some guys are not get the performance they are hoping for (both stock and tuned) but it's primarily their own fault. At DTR they dyno'ed a stock winder at 184hp, they dyno another stocker at 204hp, so they removed the intake as it wasn't making nor holding the boost (I believe the 184hp was only making 7psi not 10psi). They re-assembled the intake and any boost leaks, Stock BOV is also a leak zone. They also checked and tightened both ends of the Turbine Inlet pipe as it is prone to leaking as well, also the exhaust flange bolts.
After all of this they changed the BOV on the 184hp sled and it dyno'ed again at 203hp, just tightened everything up and changed the BOV as it was faulty. My buddy changed the stock BOV to a Turbo Smart BOV and he swears it made a significant difference in all aspects of riding.
As you know if you don't have it clutched right for the tune its going to be doggy, I see a lot of guys going for Drag or MPH not corner to corner which of course is 2 completely different set ups.
Your a very knowledgeable guy as I've seen quite a few of your post over the years and they are very factual so I'm sure the info above is well known to you. So the question is how was the HP when it wasn't being doggy? Is it a big step up from your stocker, might be hard to answer if it wasn't holding the boost.
Cheers mate. :bc:

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Seems like your summer is going to go FLY bye at 270hp an hour lol :lol: ,,
Its not really that strange that some guys are not get the performance they are hoping for (both stock and tuned) but it's primarily their own fault. At DTR they dyno'ed a stock winder at 184hp, they dyno another stocker at 204hp, so they removed the intake as it wasn't making nor holding the boost (I believe the 184hp was only making 7psi not 10psi). They re-assembled the intake and any boost leaks, Stock BOV is also a leak zone. They also checked and tightened both ends of the Turbine Inlet pipe as it is prone to leaking as well, also the exhaust flange bolts.
After all of this they changed the BOV on the 184hp sled and it dyno'ed again at 203hp, just tightened everything up and changed the BOV as it was faulty. My buddy changed the stock BOV to a Turbo Smart BOV and he swears it made a significant difference in all aspects of riding.
As you know if you don't have it clutched right for the tune its going to be doggy, I see a lot of guys going for Drag or MPH not corner to corner which of course is 2 completely different set ups.
Your a very knowledgeable guy as I've seen quite a few of your post over the years and they are very factual so I'm sure the info above is well known to you. So the question is how was the HP when it wasn't being doggy? Is it a big step up from your stocker, might be hard to answer if it wasn't holding the boost.
Cheers mate. :bc:
The sled was impressive once in the boost and it will be a long summer waiting to try mine next season. On a side note he said he ran 119 WFO down an icy road, my stocker did 121.....twice lol. I have no idea how accurate those speedo's are but....

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Ya 204hp to 265-275hp is a jump, you may want to start working out haha, my buddies machine is the deal it doesn't stop well unless you count 128mph on GPS and that's on hard packed, out of gear but corner to corner it's a weapon. He tried gearing it wanting 130+ and blaaa blaaa but he went back to stock helix and gearing and that thing is the DEAL. Crazy good machine. Enjoy

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I talked to my buddy last night he said there is a video on Youtube titled Sidewinder boost leak test, he said it did this and that is why he changed the stock BOV. Anyway just thought I'd pass that on to you Mr.Weez,
Cheers

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I talked to my buddy last night he said there is a video on Youtube titled Sidewinder boost leak test, he said it did this and that is why he changed the stock BOV. Anyway just thought I'd pass that on to you Mr.Weez,
Cheers

I appreciate it, thanks.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Have a great day,
Cheers

No, I sat on the fence all season and now the season's over for me. But I can tell you I am sending my ECU to Hurricane next month for a 270 flash using my stock exhaust. I rode a TD 265 flashed sled and don't know if it was a clutching issue but found a dead spot or lag when pinning the throttle at different speeds.
As of last weekend on hardback headed towards the soo. 126 and it was still climbing. I had to let off due to very strong crosswind. But damn is it fast

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
As of last weekend on hardback headed towards the soo. 126 and it was still climbing. I had to let off due to very strong crosswind. But damn is it fast

I'll have something for ya next year kid. Time to finally let the dog eat.

·
Registered
278 Posts
What track (length and depth) and gear ratio are you running to see 126 on the trail? Assuming you are tuned

·
Registered
278 Posts
I can answer that. He's running a 1.6" track on a TD tune not sure about gearing.
He's really moving! Fastest I've heard of with a deep lug track. I'm running 270ish tune, 1.5" Ripsaw x 137 track with 4-2-4-2 stud pattern and 21/41 (Sidewinder Ratio) on my ZR9000 and the best speed I've ever seen is 10 mph shy of that. I dont stay in it for very long but, damn.... Thats fast!

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
He's really moving! Fastest I've heard of with a deep lug track. I'm running 270ish tune, 1.5" Ripsaw x 137 track with 4-2-4-2 stud pattern and 21/41 (Sidewinder Ratio) on my ZR9000 and the best speed I've ever seen is 10 mph shy of that. I dont stay in it for very long but, damn.... Thats fast!

It's hard to find enough room to safely run 120+mph. All my WFO pulls were on county roads where I knew there wasn't any driveways lol.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts