Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys, (and Gals), I love to hit the powder alot and removing the swaybar makes a huge difference in how a cat handles in the deep white. Does anyone know if disconecting the arm on one side comepletly disables the way a swaybar functions or do you have to disconect both sides to get it to fully rock from side to side. I'm riding a Crossfire and it seems a little rediculous that a hybred trail/powder machine doesn't come standard with the ability to disable the swaybar dont you think? Ran my 02 ZR for 4 seasons without a swaybar in it but dont think I'll try that with the Crossfire. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Banned
10,423 Posts
one side works, just find good way to retain opposite ends bushing(don't leave the arm on, it'll interfere with the lower ''boss'' on a-arm as each side goes through seperate travels not being ''linked'') so it stays in place to support bar itself :div20:

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
you dont think it will look stupid with one end connected and the other removed???

just disconnect both ends...

:fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy:

·
Banned
10,423 Posts
Originally posted by HOUGH@Sep 29 2005, 11:42 PM
you dont think it will look stupid with one end connected and the other removed???

just disconnect both ends...
:fluffy:  :fluffy:  :fluffy:  :fluffy:  :fluffy:  :fluffy:  :fluffy:  :fluffy:  :fluffy:  :fluffy:  :fluffy:  :fluffy:  :fluffy:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=900537
[/quote]
yes, but this way it only takes approx 5 minutes for full function when wanted or necessary :div20:

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
5 minutes huh??? what if you drop the wrench in the snow??? :dunno:

:fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy:

·
Banned
10,423 Posts
Originally posted by HOUGH@Sep 29 2005, 11:46 PM
5 minutes huh???  what if you drop the wrench in the snow???    :dunno:
:fluffy:  :fluffy:  :fluffy:  :fluffy:  :fluffy:  :fluffy:  :fluffy:  :fluffy:  :fluffy:  :fluffy:  :fluffy:  :fluffy:  :fluffy:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=900545
[/quote]
:dunno: that's YOUR PROBLEM Dan!!!! :wut60:

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
I can't remeber but I think it was SLP maybe that made a kit for the ZRs and 01or02 Mtncat limiteds that replaced one end of the sway bar and had a quick disconnect system. The whole sway bar remained in the sled but when disconnected it let the one arm move independently from the bar and other arm. Looked like a very slick system not sure if it would work on the crossfire but i'm assuming they are still using the same size end so it should work work.

·
Banned
10,423 Posts
Originally posted by HOUGH@Sep 30 2005, 12:00 AM
im waiting................    :zzz:  :zzz:  :zzz:

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=900573
[/quote]
here ya' go :bottom:

·
Banned
10,423 Posts
Originally posted by HOUGH@Sep 30 2005, 12:08 AM
i see its kick Dans ass night, tonight....      :doh:  :help:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=900582
[/quote]
just wanted to make sure you're''awake''tonight, been sleepin' a lot lately i see :beerchug:

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Originally posted by C-NOTEPLUSf503@Sep 29 2005, 11:15 PM
just wanted to make sure you're''awake''tonight, been sleepin' a lot lately i see :beerchug:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=900594
[/quote]

hey! you wanna keep me awake get in line... thats her job! :ladys-man:

·
Banned
10,423 Posts
Originally posted by HOUGH@Sep 30 2005, 12:39 AM
hey!  you wanna keep me awake get in line...  thats her job!  :ladys-man:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=900618
[/quote]
:****:

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
were we talkin about swaybars or gaybars??? :augen41:

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

·
Banned
14,035 Posts
all you have to do is take out the bolt that attaches the end link to one a arm, and the sway bar will be totally disabled.

Krom

·
Registered
647 Posts
Replace the bolts with clevis pins & hitch pins. That way, you won't need any tools to disconnect the stabar.

·
Banned
10,423 Posts
Originally posted by Krom@Sep 30 2005, 01:13 AM
all you have to do is take out the bolt that attaches the end link to one a arm, and the sway bar will be totally disabled.

Krom
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=900639
[/quote]
krom,,, there is still a real good(great actually)chance the arm and a-arm''mounting boss'' will interfere with each given the proper conditions, not trying to outwit you or nothing, think about it, they do overlap(arm hole resides directly over a-arm boss hole) :div20:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts