Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My sway bar came apart after 120 miles on my F7, Ran it for another 600 miles without it attached, didn't notice much difference in handling..

·
Registered
298 Posts
looks like it did more then just come apart thats busted. no problem its under warranty. rode 925 miles with out just reinstalled last night i think it rides better. pull the two bolt and it comes out very easy.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just took mine out gona test ride it tomorow enyone knows if ju ave to have stiffer springs or does work whit the stock ones.woried that it might get a little to soft in the corners whch spring suld i get if i need a stiffer one?

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the sno pro suspension and it was plenty stiff up front. no roll in the corners without it. I was into some nasty moguls that the firecat was eating up with the sway bar intact, after that I can't be sure the ride was affected in the rough stuff, didn't seem to have the same ability to handle the big bumps, I will have to wait and see after I get a new bar put on and try skipping across some three footers again..

·
Registered
6 Posts
I think these machines were rushed through production. I have ~300 miles and lost my arm on the same side. But I noticed a large problem with handling, i.e. little to no stability.

No recalls yet, but keep a look out for one. :angry:

·
Registered
51 Posts
I Just lost mine today on the rewind side. The square end that is pressed on the round bar slid off. It looks like it has been slipping for some time. It will slide on and off the shaft easily. This may explain why 700 miles ago my sled stop wanting to corner. I've been fighting the poor corning every since - adjusting the suspension one way or other.

Dan E.

·
Premium Member
13,963 Posts
The sway bars are on back order, they are splined, pressed together and brazed, by the looks of them, this has been know to happen on zr's as well, i didnt even notice when mine broke, we where riding on realy rough junk though.

Krom

·
Registered
19 Posts
The same thing happened to my sled about a month ago in the U.P. It was very noticable on the icey patches, it seemed to effect the stearing substantially and I ended up tipping it over and scratching cowling, decals, and the windshield and breaking off the kill switch. I am still waiting to see if Arctic Cat is going to step up to the plate and pay for the additional damages. The sway bar was replaced, no problem under warranty.

I tried reattaching it, but the actual weld is broken if it looks like the picture you posted.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
dealer replaced mine, it is splined and press fitted together. I asked why isn't it welded? he said they have to be able to take them apart, I said it must be a bitch to take apart them because it has to take some serious abuse on rough trails. I forgot to ask if they should also have loctite applied when press fitted.

·
Registered
23 Posts
my sway bar broke too, on my first hard ride, machine was maybe 4 days old.
got new one on warranty but welded the square tips before i put back on.
so far about 500 hard miles with no problems yet.

·
Premium Member
13,963 Posts
The dealer is feeding you a line of crap, they never need to be taken apart, and are not supposed to ever come apart, they are not welded because the rod is spring steel, welding it ruins the temper, and makes it more likely to break.

Krom

·
Registered
233 Posts
My borke as well. The handling is not near as good without it. Too much body roll. Also seems to affect steering at high speed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had the same exact thing happen last weekend. Came apart and was flopping around. In looking at it closer, it looks as though the shaft had never been properly inserted into the control arm. There was a large burr that made it impossible to fit the pieces together. Not too happy.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts