Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 F7efi and just bought a 2005 M6 efi. I'm considering swapping the topends if its not to much work. What would be easiest swapping topends or swapping engines. The computer symbols are different so I have to swap computers and throttle bodies.

The exhaust is the biggest question. As far as I can tell the cans are the same between the 600 and 700 motors in each chassis so I can reuse thoose. The pipes are a different story as far as I can tell. I know they are different between the F and M chassis and according to the parts program at the dealer different between a F6 and F7. It gives the same part number for the pipe on the M6 and M7 though 1712-118 if someone could confirm this.

Also my other question is I know they changed something in the clutches between 2003 and 2004 are the tapers on the crankshafts still the same so clutches are interchangeable or not. I don't think it should to tough of project but want to have it all figured out before I decide to start. I really want to do it though as its basically a free 20hp and my wife will be more then happy on my F sled with a 600 in it coming off a 99zr6 thats seen better days. Thanks in advance for any and all help.

·
Vendor
1,401 Posts
You'll have to change the ECU's and the injectors or the whole throttle bodies so they are a matched set.
They will both run with the wrong pipes, but will be down just slightly on power, 2-3 hp. The F7 has a slightly shorter internal stinger in the pipe.
But you may consider our pipe mod since it works great on 600's and 700's and you'll pick up 5-6 hp.
The taper is the same on the clutches, but the shoulder is thicker and longer on the 04 and new motors.
Don't forget you'll need some clutch changes. We can help you out there too.
:div20:

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Erich I suppose I could have just asked you the other questions in my PM. You answered all the questions I've been trying to figure out. I will be sending the pipe off the M6 your way then. Not to worried about loosing a lil hp on the 6 though. Thanks again for your quick responces.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts