Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a customer with a 2019 850 pro-x SB and a 2019 800 Pro-S SB.Likes the power of the 850 but prefers the suspension of the Pro-S. Does anyone know if the suspensions and shocks are interchangeable from one to the other.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
If the A-arms in front, rear torque arm and rear suspension swing/arm assemblies share the same part numbers....then I don't see why not.

I swapped the rear suspension springs (front/rear shock) with the spring from the PROX because the PROS was too soft. Worked mint.

However, the PROX sits higher in front than the PROS so I would pay close attention to the A-arms, sway bar and shock lengths. There may be some changing required there. If the the A-arms and sway bars are the same, then I think you will be fine with swapping the shorter shocks/springs from the PROS into the PROX.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Everything in the front is the same except for the shocks which are longer on the ProX and the sway bar is smaller in dia. on the Prox. Rear shocks are the same except that the ProX are valved stiffer.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
....then you are fine. Put the front shocks in from the PROS and the shocks from the PROS...however....I would strongly suggest you utilze the rear springs from the prox on the pros shocks if you have any weight to ya....PROS springs....especiallly the front track shock spring was weak. bottomed out constantly.

·
Registered
2018 XCR Switchback 800
1,250 Posts
Pro-S spring was up to 240lbs - I also have the Pro-X spring for my Pro-S when I ride it (Sons sled for now) as I am 240 without gear, without rear rack/bags/etc.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. Only thing I noticed on the parts fiche is the front torque arm are different part numbers from the pro-x as apposed to the Pro-S Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
hygear will shorten shock shaft with spacer on prox to lower and revalve wont be as low as pros but it will be lower call them about details before you buy complete shocks

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
A revalve and respring and it can be anything they want it to. Far superior choice to the S calibration as it can be for the owner.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Only difference between an X and S is shocks, riser, and sway bar

·
Registered
320 Posts
All the spring rates are stiffer as well on the ProX. 20 lbs. more on the IFS, 30 lbs. on the RTS, around 30 lbs. on the FTS also.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts