Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HEY ARTIC CAT RIDER W/ 02 VMAX 600...I AM A BIG GUY 6'3 300LB..AND I LOVE THIS SLED JUST ITS A BIT SMALLER THAT MY CATS...I USE IT OFTEN BUT I AM SORE AS HELL AT THE END OF THE DAY...I NEED TO KNOW 1. WHAT SHOULD IM DO TO STIFFEN UP THE SUSPENTION SYS 2.HOW DO I MOVE THE HANDEL BARS THEY ARE TOO LOW...AND FINALLY 3. ANY TIPS ON INCREASING HP...THANKS AND BE KIND TO THIS CAT RIDER...IM STARTING TO GET USED TO BLUE!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Ways to stiffen up the suspension, more pre-load in the shocks in the rear skid, heavier spring. Ways to raise the handle bars, biggest you can go without putting new cables on is putting a 3" bar riser which can be found anywhere. Ways to increase HP, pipes, clutching, reeds, thin head gasket, transfer rods, a good site to get into is Totallyamaha.net the best Yamaha forum.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ways to stiffen up the suspension, more pre-load in the shocks in the rear skid, heavier spring. Ways to raise the handle bars, biggest you can go without putting new cables on is putting a 3" bar riser which can be found anywhere. Ways to increase HP, pipes, clutching, reeds, thin head gasket, transfer rods, a good site to get into is Totallyamaha.net the best Yamaha forum.[/b]

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
If that is still running the Pro Action skid...get rid of it...especially for someone your size.
Cheap way to get a more aggressive profile is to loosen the handlebar risers & rotate them forward. You'll have to adjust the brake lever & throttle block to fit. I was very surprised what it did for me. I couldn't see a 2" riser making a big difference so I tried this first. Hands are a good 2" higher & forward...more outreached instead of down low like you said. ^^^^^What he said about TY.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts