Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I AM HAVING THE 20% STIFFER SUSPENSION KIT INSTALLED THIS WEEKON MY F7 STD, MY PROBLEM IS KEEPING THE FRONT SKIS ON THE GROUND. I WANTED TO KNOW IS THIS GOING TO MAKE THIS A HARDER RIDE THAN IT IS NOW.

THANKS STEPHEN

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes, the 20% stiffer kit will make the sled ride harder, and probably won't affect the transfer (ski lift) at all.

If you only wanted to keep the skis down you should have shortened the limiter straps instead.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rob, im 230# without my gear, I thought the problem was the rear end was to soft every time i hit the trottle the front end would rise. i have not had a chance to try your suspension set up yet.

Do you think i should loosen front and rear shocks like you said in your susension set up and not buy the 20% stiffer susension kit.

Thanks for your input.....

·
Registered
676 Posts
I am 210 without gear, I have set my suspension as suggest by Rob and it works great.

I would try this before spending any money.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Originally posted by stephen2003@Feb 14 2003, 08:22 AM
Rob, im 230# without my gear, I thought the problem was the rear end was to soft every time i hit the trottle the front end would rise. i have not had a chance to try your suspension set up yet.

Do you think i should loosen front and rear shocks like you said in your susension set up and not buy the 20% stiffer susension kit.

Thanks for your input.....
well, my F7 is a snopro and yours is a standard.. I've heard the standards are a lot softer, so you may end up doing both, the heavier kit and shorter limiter straps.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
The kit will not prevent the ski lift. Ride with someone who installed it. It will be stiffer but not as stiff as the snopro.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Try making a few adjustments first and then if you find the ride too soft, buy the kit. You may have the same problem that I have though, not enough snow to test and you have to travel several hours in order to ride. Hope it all works for you!

·
Registered
252 Posts
messickzr is right, give the adjustments a shot first, but remember Rob's is a snopro setup. I gave it a try with my standard and it bottomed way too much for me. I'm 230-235 also and have bought the stiffer kit and have installed the springs so far. Waiting for the dealer to have the time to revalve the shocks. Just the springs have helped immensely on bottoming, but the rebound is a little bouncy. I'll update you when I get the revalving done.

catfish

·
Registered
416 Posts
I'm 265 lbs without gear. I installed the suspension kit and haven't revalved the shocks yet. Follow Rob's setup. I still have my torsion springs on the highest (3,both sides) but my front track shock has only enough tension on it to keep the spring from falling out. Put your front ski shocks the same way, just enough tension to keep them on with the front end raised. I also have my coupler blocks on #1 and I think I may remove them all together. Give it a whirl.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts