Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much track tension is everyone using? I 've seen some posts that looser is better, according to my manual it calls for 1.5 - 1.75 inches with 20lbs of force being applied. As far as the limiter straps go how loose should they be. I was going over the sled today and I noticed that my wear bars are wearing out pretty quick and the front of the bar has more wear. Haven't been doing to much road riding so I was figuring that maybe I need to reduce ski pressure some.

·
Registered
956 Posts
pick up the back of your sled the track should have 1 1/2 inchs without any down force. the limiter straps i like about 1 inch of thread showing.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Originally posted by ZR900SNOWPRO@Jan 30 2003, 06:03 PM
pick up the back of your sled the track should have 1 1/2 inchs without any down force. the limiter straps i like about 1 inch of thread showing.
Ditto that. Also, check that you don't have too much tension on the front skid spring. I have found that I have more front wear when it is tightened. You may have to loosen your front a-arm springs to lighten up your steering after making this skid adjustment as it will put more weight on your skis.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts