Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Originally posted by drewhorsley@Jan 14 2003, 11:41 PM
Anybody have a good suspension setup for the F 5
Hard in the front, Block, Spring Adjuster at 2 maybe 3 if you are heavy. The front spring should be prety loose. This works for me. B)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by f5sweden+Jan 14 2003, 11:49 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-drewhorsley
@Jan 14 2003, 11:41 PM
Anybody  have a good suspension setup for the F 5
Hard in the front, Block, Spring Adjuster at 2 maybe 3 if you are heavy. The front spring should be prety loose. This works for me. B)[/b]
How about in the skid frame.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Originally posted by drewhorsley+Jan 14 2003, 11:59 PM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 14 2003, 11:49 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-drewhorsley
@Jan 14 2003, 11:41 PM
Anybody  have a good suspension setup for the F 5

Hard in the front, Block, Spring Adjuster at 2 maybe 3 if you are heavy. The front spring should be prety loose. This works for me. B)
How about in the skid frame.[/b]
Ooops maby i should be a litle clearer....
skid frame: Spring-Block Adjuster at 2 maybe 3 The frontback spring should be prety loose.

·
Registered
208 Posts
This is the setup I am using on my F7 standard and is a very good trail setup for a 170lb rider. Ski shocks have approx 25 threads exposed. Centre skid, 5 threads coupler blocks on 1 and rear springs on lowest setting. Play with the front springs and centre spring. Should not require more than two turns in either direction. You will now when you get the skis right because their will be no left to right pitching when going over bumps but it will still turn and will not ski lift.

·
Premium Member
14,010 Posts
dont forget to shorten the limiter strap

·
Premium Member
14,010 Posts
Hate to break it to you, but all firecats have three holes in the limiter strap, as a matter of fact both the std. and sno pro sleds use the same limiter strap part number 2604-140

Krom

·
Registered
14 Posts
Krom, should the stap be in the second or third hole and how tight or loose should the track be. My track on the SP seems to be rubbing and killing my top end.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Originally posted by letrsno@Jan 16 2003, 12:26 AM
Krom, should the stap be in the second or third hole and how tight or loose should the track be. My track on the SP seems to be rubbing and killing my top end.
The track are tight when the sleed is new, how many miles do you have on it?

·
Premium Member
14,010 Posts
To keep the ski's on the ground when coming out of a corner on the throttle, you want to shorten the limiter strap, it comes from the factory in the 2nd hole from the end, move it to the third hole, and set the coupler blocks on 3

1 - 12 of 12 Posts