Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK OK. Sorry for the description, but its true. :D First of all, my friend is not internet savy, so I'm here to help him out with his Firecat. We both have stock machines with 144 1.08" studs. The trails we rode today were in need of grooming but overall ok. The supension on the F7 is so soft that he bounced all over the place and could not keep up with me at all. If you push down on the back seat you can almost bottomout. Also, the seat may not return al the way to the original position. I went for a ride on it myself and it was difficult to control the machine. We both weigh about 200 lbs. We plan to work on the machine tomorrow to improve handling, any help as to what to adjust?

·
Registered
233 Posts
It is all about how the blocks are set up if it is to soft than he needs to change the setting. and i here on some of them it gives you better holeshot. tell him to play with it and find what he like unless he will think the F-cats are not worth it but they are worth ALOT

·
Registered
831 Posts
I weigh 200 # +- I set my rear suspension to cats chart in manual, left spring on lowest position, right spring on highest.It works for me and it really helped on the ski lift when accelerating.that was with coupling blocks set on #1, Snowhunter

·
Registered
4 Posts
Saw a few RX-1s on the trail this week.. Followed two RX-1s for a while until they pulled over to let us pass. This was on a roughed-up section of trail and it looked like they were taking a beating, especially on the corners.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I rode both an RX-1 and an F7 on the trails, both good and bad, this weekend. Both are great sleds...but to say that the RX-1 is even in the same ballpark from a suspension standpoint is utterly ridiculous. It's heavy, and has no where near the ability to absorb the nasties. On flat, twisty trails, the RX-1 is great. On railgrades or long lake or river pulls, I can't think of a better sled. But a mogul machine, it is not.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Have you guys seen the new RX-1 team Yamaha sno-x
machine? YEA, RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wacko: :wacko:

·
Registered
28 Posts
thers no way a rx-1ton could hang with equal riders. take your machine to your dealer and you to the gym. you either have a failed component or you need some suspension setup help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
You must have the Blocks on the soft setting...I am 215 lbs and an aggressive rider...crank the blocks to the hardest position (Owners manual has a chart of settings vs. body weight) I saw much better traction off the line as well.
The RX-1 was no problem on the lake or on the trail up at ST. Cabonon. I believe a set of heavier springs for 225lb or heavier riders is also available from Cat....good luck...ride safe!!

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Originally posted by Firecat03@Jan 13 2003, 07:39 PM
...crank the blocks to the hardest position (Owners manual has a chart of settings vs. body weight) I saw much better traction off the line as well.
Exactly which blocks are you talking about -- the spring adjuster block or the coupling blocks??? -- Roy

·
Registered
70 Posts
I weigh 190 lbs.....which means I'm around 200 when I've got all my gear on....and have had no problems with my standard suspension F7. I RARELY bottom it out.....its a great suspension.....sounds like you either have shock issues....or your tension blocks are set for a 125 pound rider

·
Registered
827 Posts
correct me if i'm wrong guys, but shocks are not designed to hold the weight, just to dampen the ride,eliminate bouncing, the springs are supposed to handle the weight,, :)

·
Registered
280 Posts
Is it an Sno pro ? The sno pro should have harder suspention to handel the wight.
Is the rear suspention Ok? check the weldings on Nr 13 Block, Spring Adjuster arm.

Attachments

·
Registered
244 Posts
I got this from Black Magic , set coupler blocks on #3 position and tenision block (cam) in the middle and the front shock (rear skid) a slightly more aggressive tenision. I'm trying this one this weekend and going to write all my results down. Put a paint dot at where you start out on your spring adjustments so if you don't like that you can set it back to where you started.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts