Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 03 F7 std. I replaced the rear springs with the heaviest ones Cat offers, and had the rear shock re-valved stiffer. I have clickers on the front w/the single rate 110lb springs.

My problem is the angle of attack on my rails. I constantly burn the end caps off them. I was wondering whether adding the drop down brackets on the rear, and leaving the front arm on the top hole would help change the angle and stop the wear. I am replacing my track with a 1.5in and think it should clear in the front with no problems if I left it in the top hole, but don't know whether it will solve my problem.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
The 1.5 will be fine with the factory holes I used to run one no problems . it sounds like your running your track too tight . try loosening it up a bit and try pulling the limiter straps up a hole

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've tried both of those suggestions. It wore less with the track tension at spec, rather than really loose, but still seemed to eat the end caps up. I hate to say it, but I had a polaris for 5 years and never replaced the caps. I'm going through 2-3 sets a season on this thing. It's not that I hate spending the 5 bucks for new ones, but I really hate the thought of the rails stabbing through my track. I haven't seen many other posts with people having the same problem, so i figure I'm f-ing up somewhere.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
something is definitely wrong. The first year I had my sled, we put on nearly 1400 - 1500 miles, and the sliders were barely worn, let alone the end caps. What is your front spring set at (tension wise)?

I can't remember exactly what the setting is, but if you do a search on here, I'm sure you can find out what the "starting point" is for the front shock spring in the rear suspension, maybe that is too tight?

Just a thought?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The front shock spring is really loose. It didn't start doing it until I stiffened up the suspension. It doesn't really sag too much when i sit on it, thats why I was wondering if anyone had bought the drop down brackets, and left the fronts in the top holes. I was thinking that would change the angle a little more because it doesn't sag a whole lot. Guess I will have to try and see how it handles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts