Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Blew both the rear shock on the skid and front left shock this weekend. Anyone else had any problems with the remote res Fox shocks? "Blew out" may be the wrong terminology as it seems like the valves were sticking. The dampening would come and go as in one minute there was no dampening what so ever and then it would come back at varying levels. Given I was pounding it pretty hard on a little road jump but seems like they should be able to handle that? What are the stock spring weights for the F7 Sno-Pro version front and rear? What are the stiffest springs front and rear, available from Cat? Anyone tried the RCS Ti springs? Lots of $$ but nice :) Thanks for any feedback.

mike

·
Registered
71 Posts
I had the same problem this weekend . I blew the rear shock . I only have 200 miles . I weight 150 pounds you would think that i wouldnt have this problem with a F7 sno pro . I thought it was supposed to be a bump sled .
My sled is at the dealer now getting fixed .

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why would they not warranty them on a consumer sled? Not being raced...

I will probably just rebuild and re-valve them myself or have a friend do it but I would like to hear Cat say they would not warranty a sled that is brand new.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
I am not representing AC, so go easy on me... ;) Also, I do agree with you that they(AC) should stand behind this issue! I suppose it will depend on how well your dealer will take care of each person as an individual and how the dealers "relationship" is with Cat, but AC makes a point of stating in the owners manuals that shocks are a wear/maintance item. :angry:
-John

·
Registered
209 Posts
I blew my rear shock with about 600 miles on . arctic cat does not cover the shocks , but my dealer was p*ssed and got me the new shock the next day and said they will deal with arctic cat :D

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Originally posted by snowmanf7sp@Dec 31 2002, 09:07 AM
I blew my rear shock with about 600 miles on . arctic cat does not cover the shocks , but my dealer was p*ssed and got me the new shock the next day and said they will deal with arctic cat :D
My point EXACTLY...
-John

1 - 9 of 9 Posts