Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
need some help, had the sled out today and was riding on a real rough trail and all of a sudden it started to bottom out. i stopped and the suspension still had its full travel but would compress extremley easy, none of my springs or straps are broken so i though that i must have blown a seal i my shock. Would this be what happened and how would i go about fixing it, can i just rebuild it or does it need to be replaced. any help would be great. the sleds a 2001 polaris xc 800

·
Registered
41 Posts
is it an edge skid? or m-10? if its an edge your shock might need a rebuild. most can be rebuilt i think. there is also those black torsion bars/springs i think there calld, they can wear out/break and it will leave u bottoming

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey thanks for the help, i'm sure its the edge skid and the torsion bars are red not black on mine. I checked those bars and the looked fine as well so im sure its my shock. do you know how much it would cost to rebuid and where i can get it done? thanks again

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
k thanks again for the replys, ill be calling him tonight, im pretty sure you are talking about randy gustophsin? I was told to call him already and ive heard hes real good with sleds. Seen him race a few times too, but anyway thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts