Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Doesn't play well with other
5,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did a little transplant today, should work well.
Had them completely re-valved by mk2g60 (Eric) the owner of Shock-Tech in Maine

·
5,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:div20: Nice install. Looks like that's how it should have come.[/b]

Thanks, I removed the coupler blocks. No more mechanical coupling, the X-link should cure any and all kick back from the moguls.
Only mods I had to do to get the set up to work was remove the 2 idlers right behind were the front outer ones are. Gonna check out some other options. I doubt them 2 wheels missing will really make that much of a deal. I trail rode my Sno-X sled with zero wheels other than the rear and never ever had an issue.

F&F

·
Registered
411 Posts
going to do almost the thing...no x link but rear shock has a clicker reservoir on a hose like the 440's ,going to mount it in the same place on the rail you have your resernoir.the resevoir on the front shock is going to be mounted the same as on the 2000/2001 sno pro's...on the front rail x brace with hose clamps.will be able to keep all wheels that way....great ideas on both of our parts...to bad cat didn't do it for us

hey FLASH..did you get those float x's of yours modded to fit also like you were talking about? would like to see pict's of that also if you did

·
5,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
going to do almost the thing...no x link but rear shock has a clicker reservoir on a hose like the 440's ,going to mount it in the same place on the rail you have your resernoir.the resevoir on the front shock is going to be mounted the same as on the 2000/2001 sno pro's...on the front rail x brace with hose clamps.will be able to keep all wheels that way....great ideas on both of our parts...to bad cat didn't do it for us
hey FLASH..did you get those float x's of yours modded to fit also like you were talking about? would like to see pict's of that also if you did[/b]

Just as I seen you post I remember you asked about the Float X's........now I see you "edited"
As for the Floats, I did get the shortened and revalved by Shock-Tech also so they are now plug and play except the rezzy.......prolly gonna end up mounting them inside the belly pan in front of the air box, almost directly behind the screens were the hand cut outs are on the bumper.

If you have any ideas, I am all ears. I been stareing at it for a few weeks now.
F&F

·
Registered
411 Posts
i am stumpped on the reservoirs also...took the whole front end apart and tried differnt places to mount the reservoir but have not found any real safe place to mount them.....and i am not real kean on cutting up the plastic to fit them inside under the panels of the hood anyway...was thinking of the piggy back method that hi gear is using on the regular float add on reservoir but don't think that would work either

·
5,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i am stumpped on the reservoirs also...took the whole front end apart and tried differnt places to mount the reservoir but have not found any real safe place to mount them.....and i am not real kean on cutting up the plastic to fit them inside under the panels of the hood anyway...was thinking of the piggy back method that shock teck is using on the regular float add on reservoir but don't think that would work either[/b]

The piggy back thing isn't gonna work cause that rezzy comes off the male end of the Float, if it were to come off the female end it would be a done deal.
F&F

·
5,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ya i know...nothing else realy comes to mind......hate to get ride of them but i might anyway and have the reservoir mod and re-valve the stock floats instead[/b]

Blah. just tear front end apart and drill two small holes for the hoses and mount the rezzy's inside. That little hole isn't gonna hurt nothing.

F&F

·
Registered
411 Posts
ya,your probably right....still have it apart right now so i can have a closer look.working on the rear suspension right now so when thats done i will do the front....if you get your fronts mounted up let me see how you did it...

·
5,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ya,your probably right....still have it apart right now so i can have a closer look.working on the rear suspension right now so when thats done i will do the front....if you get your fronts mounted up let me see how you did it...[/b]
My plan was to just slit the plastic and run a hose clamp through just like the old ZR's had.

F&F

·
Registered
8,335 Posts
F&F...nice work ... you guys are also answering some questions I've had for sometime now on the skid and float-x's.....Obviously the firecat shocks will fit in the new chassis, but did anything have to be changed with the shocks to fit in the skid..length, etc ??? Or did they just drop in ? What length change was neccessary with the float-x's ? I decided to wait a yr for the new chassis (mostly because I got a killer deal on a 05 w/a 800 kit)...but am looking to get everything set-up for next yr....

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Mine are mounted on the outer plastic with clamps just like the old zr's. The only issue, is possibly hitting them if you reallllly bottom hard on the front, but I don't think that is even possible with the stock length shocks.

~Fast

·
5,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Mine are mounted on the outer plastic with clamps just like the old zr's. The only issue, is possibly hitting them if you reallllly bottom hard on the front, but I don't think that is even possible with the stock length shocks.

~Fast[/b]
Fast that were everyone mounts the rezzy's on the F2 chassis, that location not gonna work for the new Twin Spar chassis.
BTW, if you hit the rezzy with the upper arm when you bottom out............your gonna have more serious issues than a dented rezzy. LOL

·
5,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
F&F...nice work ... you guys are also answering some questions I've had for sometime now on the skid and float-x's.....Obviously the firecat shocks will fit in the new chassis, but did anything have to be changed with the shocks to fit in the skid..length, etc ??? Or did they just drop in ? What length change was neccessary with the float-x's ? I decided to wait a yr for the new chassis (mostly because I got a killer deal on a 05 w/a 800 kit)...but am looking to get everything set-up for next yr....[/b]
The rears drop right in, it does appear that the rear/rear shock is a touch longer maybe 3/16ths but you only notice that when you pull the shock out of the skid it extends a tiny bit more.
The front skid shock is same length.

The Float X's had to be shortend 1.5 inches I believe. I will have to ask mk2g60 (Eric from Shock-Tech) he will know the specific details.

F&F

·
Registered
8,335 Posts
F&F THANKS for answering that !! :div20: I'm stumped on the resy mounting location too, but w/o the sled to actually look at, will look forward to what everyone else figures out !!

·
5,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
F&F THANKS for answering that !! :div20: I'm stumped on the resy mounting location too, but w/o the sled to actually look at, will look forward to what everyone else figures out !![/b]

Glad I could help. I was hoping someone else would figure out the front rezzy mounts and give me the hot tip.
BTW, after I mounted last year in my Firecat when I pushed down on bumper it barely moved, now after mk2g60 softened them up. I can push down with some ease. Looks to me more plush than last year. He did state that he made the valving progressive.

F&F

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
I have hit them, I seen it on the arm, there was a little paint missing, I know it won't dent the rezzie, but it works for me most of the time. see the attached pic, Arne has his mounted on the outside above the arms.

~Fast

·
5,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have hit them, I seen it on the arm, there was a little paint missing, I know it won't dent the rezzie, but it works for me most of the time. see the attached pic, Arne has his mounted on the outside above the arms.

~Fast[/b]

Fast, thanks for that picture. I was thinking you were confused about chassis cause you showed a F2 chassis in your first post. That does look like a viable mounting option.
I apologizes if my reply came off sarcastic in that previous post.
F&F

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.