Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2000 xc sp 700 and wondering how to set up the suspension? Also How to adjust the chain? I'm going to put in new chain oil (pretty dirty) and want to know what kind to put in.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
What do you want to adjust on the suspension. Whats it not doing for you?

Chain case oil, I have used polaris and shell synthetic, I like the polaris better doesnt smell near as bad.
To adjust on my 05, you loosen the jam nut, turn the chain slack to the tensioner side then lock the brake to hold it there and turn the tensioner bolt in as far as possible by hand then back out 1/2 turn. And tighten jam nut.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I changed the front shock in the track and not sure what tension should be on it. I just bought it so i don't really know how it rode before. I went out on sunday and am pretty sore (first time this year).

·
Registered
17,178 Posts
I'm always pretty sore after the first trip of the year.

As for the suspension, how much do you weigh, how many miles on the sled , and does the suspension look to be in good shape? What kind of riding?
And why did you replace the front track shock , was it broken? The Fox shocks on the XCSP is pretty decent - as long as they are rebuilt in recent times. Especially the rear PPS shock, it often needs more frequent maintenance.

The Xtra-10 suspension is very adjustable, so we need to know what you want to accomplish.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
had the same question about the chaincase oil posted last week, took the majority opinion on using Mobil 1 ATF synthetic, everyone else said dont...well i'm going with dont...gets to runny, my seal is good and it still leaks out, not to mention smells, use the polaris oil, maybe you'll have better luck, any gear oil i hear should be fine, all it needs to do is keep that chain lubed, and on the adjustment, same as said earlier by 05xc7, back off the locknut, tighten finger tight, back off 1/2 turn, tighten lock nut and your good to go!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts