Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well boys and girls, when my sled went back 150 miles ago for a check up there was nothing wrong with it but i told them to finish turning the susp up all the was firm, but now it seems softer, should i get in there and stiffen it up myself or do you think the shocks and or springs are gone already, they where rebuilt at around 500 miles, now its at abour 950 or so and they have sofend right up. I am thinking about taking it back and having them check it out again...but if i dont how you you guys make this sob stiffer? I dont need the heavy ridder kit. it was fine when i first got it. it was on mid from the dealer when i got it, but now it seems to be getting worse. On the adjuster blocks in the rear, there is a indented space on them, should that be on the top, near the spring rod that sits in it? if not where should it be for the stiffest ride you can get using the blocks?

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
hey guys thanks for all your help, it was just so damn usfull... :angry:

·
Registered
8 Posts
CAT recommends that you have the shocks rebuilt after the first 500 miles. READ THE MANUAL!!!
I also always replace the cheap-o plastic spring adjusters with billett aluminum ones from Black Magic. BM makes them in standard and over-load sizes, so you can stiffen up the susp even more, I like this for wehn I have the saddle bags on my sled.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
slash, i did READ THE MANUAL!!!...i am not dumb, i raced for 3 years, and have owend cats since 89 and they were rebuilt at 500 miles like they should have been, but they are still to soft...the cheap o plastic rings were replaced as well...it went back to the dealer so i will let them deal with it...

·
Registered
936 Posts
With no disrespect intended, "How much do you weigh?" If you are much over 200 pounds, look into getting the heavy duty springs and valve your shocks stiffer. It will help a lot.

·
Premium Member
12,779 Posts
I assume the 03's came with the same poor springs that the 02's did making your problem pretty easy to cure with only a set of rear springs. Post your weight and I'd be happy to look up what you need.

Rick.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bart, i weight about 170-175, i raced sno cross for 3 years and have been racing on the ice since the early 90's. but i am thinking about having the heavy rider springs put on just becuz i want it stiff so when i jump it it doesnt bottom out. its in the shop, i have to let them know what i want to do with it tomorow by 10 am or so in order for me t pick it up tomorow so we'llsee

1 - 8 of 8 Posts