Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Given the unbelievably crappy year the eastern US and Canada have had so far and the fact the majority of sledders have not yet purchased trail passes and paid their club dues it is more important than ever that everyone contributes to their local club. It still costs the same to make payments on the groomer, build bridges and get the trails ready for the season whether or not it snows. Rmember that without your local club there will be no trail system and no place to ride.

·
Premium Member
2,030 Posts
I believe the fact that so many sledder have not purchased passes will come back to haunt us. I know in our area there are many club not strong enough financially to wade the storm. Clubs like you say have fixed costs whether there is snow or not. These bills have to be paid.

·
Premium Member
1,889 Posts
In NH all of our grant $$$ comes from snowmobile registrations. We then use the club membership $$$ and grooming $$$ to cover the clubs share of the match. I know the State is way off on Registrations and the club membership is running at about 50% so far this Winter.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Given the unbelievably crappy year the eastern US and Canada have had so far and the fact the majority of sledders have not yet purchased trail passes and paid their club dues it is more important than ever that everyone contributes to their local club. It still costs the same to make payments on the groomer, build bridges and get the trails ready for the season whether or not it snows. Rmember that without your local club there will be no trail system and no place to ride.[/b]
You got that right, I just finished clearing branches and trees off our trail again today from the wet heavy snow we got over new years, it really made a mess out of the trail.. I am going grooming in the morning to start a base for future snow to land on. Surprising there is about 5-7 inches out in the woods on the trail in our area, just needs to be smoothed out to make it nice..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts