Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the Sunoco 94 any good to run as a high octane gas or is it all smoke and mirrors as it is Ethanol enhanced? On a F7 efi would you have to run in ethanol mode? below is from Sunoco canada web site.

An environmental choice

Like our other ethanol-enhanced gasolines, Ultra 94 is responsible to the environment because of its low sulphur content. This commitment to the air we breathe is highlighted by the EcoLogoM environmental product designation on all of our gasolines.

If you love to drive and are concerned with the environment, Ultra 94 is the right choice.

·
Registered
394 Posts
the higher the octane the slower the burn. Running higher octane than what is needed will lose performance.
Race motors run high octane cause they run high compression and need the fuel not to burn until the piston approaches TDC. If you run low octane in a high comp motor then the fuel will burn quicker and ignite before TDC and cause detonation.

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
gas doesn't have 10% ethanol, but it "could" contain up to that much. the province is trying to mandate a minimum of 5%...

the higher octane won't do shit in stock sleds but burn your wallet...

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
stay away from sunoco.. :( everynite on the way home from work the gas is cheap (well kinda) it is .78/L. Only .86/L for premium and .90/L for their Ultra94. I was thinking of filling up a couple gas cans.
I know when we do get to go sledding....gas will be $1.20+/L .... I can imagine what they charge way up north.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts