Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Looked like a nice ride ....

Is that the typical scenery on the Hill....some bush and then farm land?? I like that type vs the all bush of the UP and some Northern Ontario in most areas.....always looking to try new places ... seven hour drive from my area of Essex County Ontario to Tug Hill Resort (so close to the same for most places we can go to)

Accuweather shows 5 feet of lake effect for the area this week (seems a bit high but...) thats more than we have had in my area in the last 5 years combined ....we are on the wrong side of the lake .....

When the wind direction sets up like this over the lakes, snowfall rates downwind of Lake Ontario can sometimes exceed 3 inches per hour. Along with the extreme snowfall rates, thundersnow can occur within the snow bands.

These extreme snowfall rates will likely target the Tug Hill Plateau and surrounding areas Thursday afternoon into early Saturday morning. Through this time frame, upwards of 5 feet of snow could fall.

Michael M

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tug hill is a wonderful place that gets a bad rap. of course it gets beat up when it's busy. if you did a mid-week trip to the hill it would blow your mind. flat, fast, and seems endless. you can ride big mile days there. i like to hit things like the rail bed twice when it's good. the big fields are north in areas like barnes corners, copenhagen, and they wrap around to lowville and back to montague. a lot of it is seasonal roads that are groomed pretty wide in the middle . great stretches of trail, and mid-week it's as smooth as your kitchen floor. very little traffic , the place absorbs a lot of sleds. when good you can ride "off" the hill and conquer tons of riding in any direction. trails become mixed at that point and don't have as much big wide terrain. still fun and really gorgeous terrain. i'll be posting a video of southern stuff soon.

Attachments

·
Registered
239 Posts
I will have to hit that area next year it looks nice scenery wise .... Michigan is the same deal in certain areas with the high traffic on wknds getting beat up but have a fee buddies with places up there and there are good routes to avoid traffic.

Michael M

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
We had a camp in C'ville on the hill for 15+ years.
I would go up on Superbowl Sunday and stay until March to keep the place warm and open so my wife could come up on the weekends and just ride. (it was a 350 mile 6 hour trip from home) During the week when I was alone or with a couple local friends we could run a couple hundred miles in a day and be back in the local area before dark (and before the stove ran out of wood) come the weekend we would always go off the hill and into the valleys on all sides of the hill to avoid traffic.
If you know where (and when) to ride traffic is not an issue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts