Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 02' zr 6 EFI cc and want to summerize it. I have done carbs before but never and EFI. How do I fog the motor or do I just run it once a month with stabilizer in the tank? Thanks in advance for your help!!

·
Registered
312 Posts
I've never fogged mine, others have. I just fill the tank,add stabilizer and start it once a month. At beginning of season siphon out the gas, never had problems.

·
Registered
936 Posts
I always add stabilizer to whatever gas is left in tank (Owner's manual says to fill tank) and run engine for a good 15-20 minutes to circulate through throttle bodies. Then I remove top of airbox and fog motor until it dies. Then I pour about an ounce of oil down each cylinder and pull motor over a few times. I drain gas tank in the fall and fill with fresh gas. I have never had a problem doing this.

·
Registered
766 Posts
I'm a start it and run it guy as well. I let mine run about 15 - 20 minutes. Spray cool water on the heat exchangers if your worried about it over heating.
I leave mine 1/4 full, but I also store it in my garage. It doesn't get too hot or cool in there. In the fall I top it off with fresh fuel and dump in a jug of injector cleaner.
Works good for me! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
20,057 Posts
wash, grease, run stabil through it, dump some motor oil in the cylinders, cover the underhood area with silcone spray.

·
Registered
936 Posts
I'd be interested in hearing what you guys do to keep mice out of your sleds over the summer. I have to store my sleds in a quonset that is prone to mice. I have been stuffing a rag into the exhaust to keep them out of there, but I found a mouse nest under the motor last fall. What works? Moth balls?

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
I'm a start it up kinda guy. Every week or two let it run for a couple of minuets or so. It keeps you in the mood for riding all summer and you get to smell the 2-stroke smoke. Oh Yeah Baby.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Bounce softner sheets have worked well for me with the mice problem. I store both of mine in a barn for the summer and have never had a problem with mice in the sleds. I just toss a few under the hood. Also, use steel wool in the exhaust pipes opening.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Bart ,
I Use Steel Wool In The Pipe . I Also Take Off My Airbox For The Summer 'cause It Makes A Good Nesting Spot For Critters . Toss Some Moth Balls Into The Engine Compartment And Into The Back Storage Box For Good Measure Too ! The Only Problems I've Ever Had Was Some Vermin Chewed A Couple Of Holes In My Cover. :angry: :angry:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts