Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spent the day summerizing the ZL. Greased all the zerks, drained the chaincase fluid( for those that don't realize it there IS a drain plug underneath the belly up by the driveshaft. No excuses why you don't changed the fluid, very little mess), stabil the gas and run it, fog the engine and I add a cap ful of 30 weight oil into each cylinder and pull it over a few times to lube everything. Plug the exhaust with steel wool to keep out the mice, wash and wax. Remove the belt and lift the rear of the sled up and it is ready for next season.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
You do know that lifting the rear only puts all the pressure on the front shocks, you might think of getting pressure off the front as well or leaving it flat on the ground...unless you plan on having them rebuilt next fall anyway, did you loosen the track as well?

JMO on the front shock theory....I don't just lift the rear on mine.

MOD

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
I like to lift the front end too. A crate, or block under the belly pan between the inner a-arm mounts lets all springs and shocks hang free. I also apply grease on the shock shafts to help minimize corosion over the off season.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts