Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the risk of adding a few more ounces of weight (here we go again!), I think the F-Cats could definitely use a little beefier set-up to keep the exhaust pipe from moving and bouncing up and down. You can easily, with very little effort, move the entire pipe up and down, and I can only imagine how it's bouncing around while cruising down a bumpy trail. I think my very worn y-pipe to exhaust pipe gasket can attest to this, as well as my exhaust pipe where it's been noticeably worn from the steel cords in the gasket itself! I think one or two additional springs would greatly help to reduce this movement and the related wear to the respective parts. It also just occured to me, that a little extra exhaust pipe retaining support just might also help to reduce split/broken pipe bouncing induced problems and warranty issues!

Thanks for any consideration in this matter! -- Roy

·
Registered
749 Posts
Roy, just putting on new springs may help your problem. I had a couple that were pretty stretched, not applying enough pressure, letting the pipe move around. I also turned the rubber cushion ball as it was getting flattened out, allowing the pipe to sit lower, and not being aligned very good at the doughnut gasket.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Roughrider, good suggestions. I do always keep extra new springs on hand and replace when needed. In fact, I always try to keep at least one or two with me when riding, just in case one breaks on the trail! I just came back from the Gaylord Cat show yesterday, and I could lift the exhuast pipe very easily on every brand new f-cat there, so just simply putting all new springs on isn't the answer IMO, but just one or two more springs in strategic locations would be a HUGE help in eliminating pipe movement/bouncing and the premature wear associated with it. -- Roy

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just cycling this topic up, in the hopes that someone at Cat has or will see this suggestion! -- Roy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts