Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm just looking around, in the phone book and online, trying to get a list of heavy equipment shops, I'm a 2nd level apprentice, taking the program at Cambrian, and looking for places to apply, I'm especially trying places that are open late so I can work after school (done school for good in April) after which I need to work 12 weeks at a shop to have my 3d level, then work the hours to challenge the test to get my ticket, this program eliminates trades school. So does anybody know of any good places to apply in the Sudbury area?

·
Registered
267 Posts
It's been a while since I worked for someone in the heavy equipment industry, but we had a branch in
Sud's when at Strongco.

This is the Mississauga contact information:

Ellyn Deighton
Fax: (905) 670-2338
Email: [email protected]
www.strongco.com

It was one of the better places I worked. I have since moved onto working on forklifts, still industrial but
I do not get to play in the mud and crap anymore. I remember spending a few cold days doing brakes on
some of those articulating Volvo dumps.....

·
Registered
77 Posts
McDowell
RDH
Marcotte Mining
Komatsu Rents
Pioneer
Carman Construction
Ethier Sand and Gravel
MTI
Sandvick Tamrock
Cast Resources
Mobile Parts

You may also want to give your resume to an agency like AMI. I'm sure he's always got clients looking for mechanics.

·
Registered
720 Posts
McDowell
RDH
Marcotte Mining
Komatsu Rents
Pioneer
Carman Construction
Ethier Sand and Gravel
MTI
Sandvick Tamrock
Cast Resources
Mobile Parts

You may also want to give your resume to an agency like AMI. I'm sure he's always got clients looking for mechanics.[/b]
You could also try SCR Mining
and a few of the other mining contractors

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys, I'm going to go try a bunch of these places this week, I'm currently working in the shop at Cambrian, it's a great place to work, but I can't do my co-op there, nor can I stay there next year because I'll no longer be taking class's lol.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hey guys, I'm just looking around, in the phone book and online, trying to get a list of heavy equipment shops, I'm a 2nd level apprentice, taking the program at Cambrian, and looking for places to apply, I'm especially trying places that are open late so I can work after school (done school for good in April) after which I need to work 12 weeks at a shop to have my 3d level, then work the hours to challenge the test to get my ticket, this program eliminates trades school. So does anybody know of any good places to apply in the Sudbury area?[/b]
ontrac equipment johndeere.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts