Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did the guys who shortened their flaps by cutting them cure this problem? Or did you also have to do the loop to the rear bumper to allieviate it altogether. I'd shorten first, but if that doen't work I'd loop it, but don't want to do both.

Thanks,
catfish

·
Registered
395 Posts
Catfish, I would just loop it with the loop setup on the 01' sno pro. Costs only a few bucks and looks good. I did that on mine, not becuz I sucked my flap( hell, only have 120 miles on it) but due to this website and others with the problem. I also have an 01' sno pro, easy to do. Call dealer for part #'s. Actually, I got the part #'s off a previous post about a month ago, can't remember post name. :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
I cut mine and it has solved the problem. Cut the first 2 inches off the bottom. Oh yea it looks a lot better. Like it belongs!!!

·
Registered
127 Posts
We shortened our flaps on two f7 standards after sucking them up while running on ice at speeds over 90mph. After cutting them shorter they still sucked up. I would advise putting the sno-pro loop on to elimanate the problem and the $30 expense of replacing the flap after it gets chewed up from the track.

·
Registered
544 Posts
might as well take it off if you are going to cut it..... i like the strap... i saw a firecat with two shorter straps on both ends of the flap rather than just one in the middle.. it looked good

i have my F5 strapped above the arctic cat...... one in the middle

·
Registered
622 Posts
I just put the strap from a 01 Sno Pro on mine yesteday. Total price was about $2.95. I bought the strap, the rivet and the washer.

·
Registered
622 Posts
I forgot to add that I shortened up the strap slightly so the bottom of the strap is right above the I in Arctic Cat on the snowflap. If you don't shorten it, it covers the letters on the flap. I just thought it looked cleaner and more "factory" this way.

·
Registered
960 Posts
yeah i cut mine its easy and looks good and works, but.... when racing with a couple of buddies i spit up so much dirt and rocks at their sleds it was funny. however it is not bad out in the trails :D

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Originally posted by holeshot f-5@Jan 10 2003, 09:25 PM
yeah i cut mine its easy and looks good and works, but.... when racing with a couple of buddies i spit up so much dirt and rocks at their sleds it was funny. however it is not bad out in the trails :D
Yeah, I bet your buddies got a big kick outta' that huh. <_<

·
Registered
960 Posts
yeah, for the first five minutes.... :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts