Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So now that some have a few miles on are people expierencing flaps being suck into the tunnel? I only noticed mine on HARD breaking after high speed runs.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yes! We had two F7s out last weekend and both snowflaps looked like a beaver had 'em for lunch by the end of the day. I am planning to install a strap from the flap to the bumper.

·
Registered
629 Posts
no sucked in flaps yet!! but the snow wasn't deep. we did a lot of jumping and still ok. I believe it might be a issue when the snow gets deeper. We usually have 2 feet of powder or more when riding. We will see when the real snow hits...

·
Registered
861 Posts
No problem.

Hey Speedwerx, how was the riding around Gaylord ? Meet any STRANGERS on the trail?

B)

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Sucked in once hope that don't happen to often because only 2 small screws holding that on and you can move the hole flap very easy.

·
Registered
562 Posts
You can keep the flap the normal length, just add a piece of nylon strap, loop it around the bumper, connect to center of flap. Before this take each end of the nylon strap and sear it with open flame to (not to fray). then use a kit to punch a hole and add a brass gromet. To install loop the length around bumper and put a rivit through with a backer plate. This prevents any future probs. Sucking in the flap usually only happens on the 1.375" tracks.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Originally posted by Racer X # 9@Dec 10 2002, 11:31 AM
Sucking in the flap usually only happens on the 1.375" tracks.
While making several hi-speed runs (100-110!!!) on my first outting with my std F7 the other day, the flap got sucked in almost every time with the stock 1" track. -- Roy

·
Registered
534 Posts
I think we're going to add the "strap to the flap" idea to our sleds. I want to avoid the possibility of rousting other riders on the trails with shorter flap. (I always hated it when some guy on a T-Cat would fly by at 80 or more throwing rocks. At least the flaps would cut down on some flying rocks and ice from the sled.

Greg

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
I am on my second flap as well...i made a extention for mine cause I race my f5 and put limiter straps and no more problems

1 - 20 of 31 Posts