Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to purchase studs for an 06 zr900. I currently have used Woodys Gold Diggers. I am happy with perfomance, but would like to know if there is any other brands that are better? Any info on stainless, are they as strong?

·
Registered
397 Posts
There is a thread here worth you checking into about studing a ZR. Stud boy. I have stainless on one of my sleds. 1000 miles none broken, but two bent. They say stainless, but they do show a slight bit of rust on the heads when sitting. They clean right up the first use.

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
Originally posted by rever900@Oct 5 2005, 09:01 PM
Looking to purchase studs for an 06 zr900. I currently have used Woodys Gold Diggers. I am happy with perfomance, but would like to know if there is any other brands that are better? Any info on stainless, are they as strong?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=911344
[/quote]

For more info you can check out this site: Woody's FAQ's :banana:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I checked out Woody's website. If I go with the standard 1'" track I will go with 1.075 Gold Diggers 144 down the middle. If I decide on the sno-pro I will go with 1.450 Gold Diggers 144 also down the middle. Just still trying to decide on standard or sno pro.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
I run Saber's. I love 'em and they've been very good since 98. I would NEVER, EVER use nylon/plastic backers again though. They were a BIG waste of $.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Originally posted by thesnowgod@Oct 9 2005, 06:46 PM
I run Saber's.  I love 'em and they've been very good since 98.  I would NEVER, EVER use nylon/plastic backers again though.  They were a BIG waste of $.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=918385
[/quote]

Since '99 I've had good success with Saber Stingers then Woody's Golddiggers.
Both set-ups were with Saber plastic backers. Great success!
They backers only fail if over-torqued at time of installation. Follow the instuctions and be happy. :smiley-faces7:
35 lb/in max. compared to 80 lb/in for metal backers.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Stainless Saber's, stainless nuts, Stud Boy powerplate backers! :div20:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts