Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
id like to stud my F7 with 1" track and i am looking for suggestions. i think i would like to go with about 152 studs or so i am leaning towards woodys. id like to know exactly what i need to order and who has the best prices?

·
Registered
575 Posts
I would defintly go with woody's, they have durable studs. Also you could go with stud boy, I am a much bigger fan of woodys.152 is about right, if your an average trail rider, for an f7 you should have about 144 studs, if you are an agressive trail rider, it says 192. But personally, I don't like a lot of studs because they have no bite on hardpack. Its like laying down on a bed of nails, if you have enough nails your body weight will be distriputed and there will not be enough pressure on each nail to penetrate your skin. Same thing with studs, if you have too many, the weight of the sled is distributed and the studs won't go down into the snow, they will sit right on top. They will also slow you down a bit. So about 144 is good. If you live in New Hampshire or Vermont and feel like going on aroad trip, take a ride to Al's Snowmobile Warehouse. They have everything. I would give them a call first at 802 487 1000, or check out there website www.AlsSnowmobile.com you will not be dissappointed in there service. You can aslo order their catalog for free at their website, they have a good selection of studs so check it out. Hope I helped ya ^_^

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I would go with 170 thats wht i have in mine and it hooks way better than my buddies with 153 go to www.selectsales1.com they have stainless studs on there for a little over a $1.12 a peace with backer and nut. I have the warthogs they are garrented not to bend or break. and the will replace them if they do.

·
Registered
593 Posts
mcbperformance. I ordered 144 megebites 1.175 with backers for just overt 200 dollars with shipping included. Best deal i could find.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts