Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, I have been sledding now for about 4 yrs, my first sled was a spring order zr 600 efi, (01), sold that last spring and ordered my F7 sno pro, have about 200 miles on it, scary fast and corners like its on rails once I got used to her. What I am wondering about is studs, I am thinking about studding her but I kinda want to hear about the pros and cons, does anyone have any input? like how long they usually last, do they rip out alot?

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
I don't ride a sled without studs anymore. There is just way too much ice on the trails the last few years. My F7 is in for studs right now after the break in, I was shooting across a lake last week and tried to stop. No way that was going to happen. Depending on where you ride, studs are a no brainer now. If you ride in powder, they are going to do crap for you. I haven't had too many rip out, but have had a few break. Anyway, I'm no expert, so hopefully someone else will chime in.

·
Registered
676 Posts
I would never trail ride without them. I have never had any tear out, make sure you put enough in. When you under stud it puts to much stress on a single stud. This how they rip out and break. I suggest 153.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Im putting in this pattern, wouldnt ride without em. I ride pretty aggressive and any braking on snowpacked roads and icy trail corners are more easily negotiated. I've never had any problems throwing studs, its all in how you treat em.

http://www.studboytraction.com/firecat_102.htm

·
Registered
237 Posts
This is the first time I ever put studs on a sled.
I should have done it a long time ago.
It makes a big diff in starting AND stoping.
f7 sno pro.

·
Registered
861 Posts
My first year studding as well.
I did my F7 SnoPro and went ahead and did my ZR600 as well.
What a difference. I guess you don't know what you are missing out on till you do it.
The sled hooks up incredibly now, and holds tight in the icy corners.

Kevin

1 - 9 of 9 Posts