Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
what are you kidding?? I wouldn't ever NOT have studs!! then get on the lake and try some ice picks,but make sure you velcro your hands to the bars first!!
:luxhello:

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
It is worth it, for sure.
Not only for acceleration, but for stopping.
I won't ride without them.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
were you live has alot to do with the effects of the studs. If you get alot of snow then studs dont have as big of impact because the snow doesnt have time to freeze. I live in new york also and the weather we get around here, there really isnt a need for studs were i ride.

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
Once you have ridden a prperly studded machine on hard pack/ice you will never go back. Hang on.

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
Yes, if you ride powder all day then it is totally useless. If you ride hard packed snow trails or ice, then they are a must IMHO.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Unless you are strictly powder riding then studding your track is like night and day it will not only take off ALOT harder but it will also stop better and corner more stable in the ass end

·
Registered
850 Posts
I studded mine last year and it was like stepping on a different sled. Acceleration, braking and cornering.

·
Registered
314 Posts
You will never really appreciate the power of your sled without studs. You dont even know their in your track while powder riding but on ice & hardpack :augen41: You can have 900 hp but it dont mean sh#@ if you cant get it to the ground.

·
Registered
5,462 Posts
Originally posted by pol600x@Oct 19 2005, 07:09 AM
You will never really appreciate the power of your sled without studs. You dont even know their in your track while powder riding but on ice & hardpack :augen41: You can have 900 hp but it dont mean sh#@ if you cant get it to the ground.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=939774
[/quote]
well said!

·
Registered
55 Posts
I did not stud this track. Around 3k the tracks get tired and studs can come out and cause damage. I've welded 2 ZR heat exchangers - both times stranded on the trails. Not to mention replacement tracks $. However, I will say that with picks it is absolutely the best pull you'll feel. RIDE HARD & BE SAFE

·
Registered
93 Posts
Originally posted by jdogg3422@Oct 17 2005, 05:35 PM
Do studs on an F-7 SP help acceleration alot? Are they worth the money??
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=935693
[/quote]
Yes, studs help alot. Not just on an SP. Yes, they are worth the money. Why pay alot of money for a perf. machine like an F-7 just to sit and spin and go No where because you've got NO FREAKIN TRACTION. Whats Wrong with you boy, been out in the SUN too long :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Originally posted by Snosabre@Oct 19 2005, 09:00 AM
Yes, studs help alot. Not just on an SP. Yes, they are worth the money. Why pay alot of money for a perf. machine like an F-7 just to sit and spin and go No where because you've got NO FREAKIN TRACTION. Whats Wrong with you boy, been out in the SUN too long :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=940048
[/quote]

Agreed . . . not to mention the stopping power with studs. I will always stud my machine. :fluffy:

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
How many and what size studs should I run on a New Sabercat 600efi with a 1-3/8 Sno-Pro track!!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts